Decade-Long NU Recruiting Analysis

OurDecay

Was Barr our last mid season transfer that we got? He stayed a whole semester. Here's hoping for better luck next time.

Barr had some serious mental issues. Coach Mathews told me they basically kicked him off the team after the first week because he trying to hurt our players in practice. After he went after Maric in practice one day that was the last straw. I believe the quote that coach gave me was Barr said "There is Going to be Blood!" after he fouled Maric really hard in practice. Evidently he was a little unstable.

This is a bump to this thread I had started last year.  Many of you provided very good feedback and criticisms on the folly of using recruiting services, offers, etc. to judge recruiting progress.  With Elijah Thomas on campus and both Horne and Roby in the fold...I just thought I'd provide an update to show the trends "as is"...without claiming any value from them.

I did incorporate some feedback from you guys on how to evaluate unrated/unevaluated players.  Also...Isaiah Roby is a prime example of how you can't always use "offers" to judge a recruit.  He's clearly elite, highly rated...a top-150 player.  Yet his offer list is scant.  And that's for the obvious reason that we were on him very, very early, and he committed to us very, very early.

Anyway,  thought you guys would enjoy:

aetnxz.jpg

For context, the 2013-2014 Big Ten Conference using the same criteria:

10nrszk.jpg

I guess an immediate takeaway is...we are trending in the direction that would appear to be competitive (from a talent standpoint) with the bulk of the league.  That's one of those things that lead you to want to give Miles & co. a long, long leash and let it play out for a bit.  Gotta be patient.

RDK

My main concern is can Miles and this staff continue to pull in top talent if the wins don't start rolling in? Also, Coach Miles needs to retain the talent he recruited(AKA...no transfers out of guys like Watson/Morrow.)  Miles said so himself that he does not believe we would have landed Watson or Morrow had we not made that NCAA run...how long can we go without having another good year and still garner interest from top recruits? Luckily...even without the wins right now...we have alot to sell with facilities/Big Ten.

My main concern is can Miles and this staff continue to pull in top talent if the wins don't start rolling in? 

We have some time because we're mostly full on scholarships for the next couple of years.

Assuming we fill all our scholarships (HA!) and assuming no one trasnfers (HA!) or we don't bring in transfers (HA!) we're looking at:

1 more for next year 2016-17

1 more for 2017-18

Then we're looking at several for 2018-19