Andrew White III is IN

hhctony

Per Nate Clouse on Twitter, Andrew White is in. And broke by cbssports Jon Rothstein.

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein · 28m
Kansas transfer Andrew White has committed to Nebraska, multiple sources told @CBSSports. Two years of eligbility remaining. Story coming.

This post has been promoted to an article

Interesting comment on the Maryland Scout board:

Posted: Today 3:18 PM

Re: Andrew White 

Nebraska has great facilities and they were on him longer.  He may see more opportunity for playing time there, too.  Plus, they were a tournament team last year and likely will be one this year.  We need to win to attract ids like this.

Seems like we were saying similar things (i.e. need to win to get the top recruits' attention) not that long ago.

Posted: Today 3:18 PM

Nebraska has great facilities and they were on him longer. He may see more opportunity for playing time there, too. Plus, they were a tournament team last year and likely will be one this year. We need to win to attract ids like this.

Seems like we were saying similar things (i.e. need to win to get the top recruits' attention) not that long ago.

Well I guess that's it. We've made it. Maryland, a traditional basketball school, thinks they need to win games to keep up with the likes of Nebraska.

Nebraska has great facilities and they were on him longer. He may see more opportunity for playing time there, too. Plus, they were a tournament team last year and likely will be one this year. We need to win to attract ids like this.

Well I guess that's it. We've made it. Maryland, a traditional basketball school, thinks they need to win games to keep up with the likes of Nebraska.

Was gonna post the exact same thing. It's incredible a fan of a school with that kind of pedigree has these thoughts.

Can we just sign Miles to a lifetime contract now?

Was gonna post the exact same thing. It's incredible a fan of a school with that kind of pedigree has these thoughts.

Can we just sign Miles to a lifetime contract now?

Best idea ever

Andrew White III to Transfer to Nebraska - Huskers.com

White, a 6-foot-7, 220-pound guard from Richmond, Va., spent the last two seasons at Kansas, playing in 44 contests. He helped the Jayhawks to a pair of Big 12 titles in his time at the school. White chose Nebraska over Maryland, Richmond, Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Miami and Florida State. 

“I am really excited to add Andrew to our program. I believe he can be an impact guy for us.  He has pro potential and reminds me of Paul Pierce.” said Miles, the 2014 Big Ten Coach of the Year. “Andrew has been involved in the elite levels of high school, AAU, and college basketball and that will continue with the Huskers. 

And check out this information, courtesy of a Huskers.com, from Andrew White's high school days:

"White attended the Miller School in Charlottesville, Va., where he averaged 22.9 points and 10 rebounds per game for Coach Scott Willard as he was named the Virginia State Player of the Year in 2012. White’s senior season featured a game with 46 points, 19 rebounds and seven assists. He was ranked No. 48 by ESPNU100 and No. 51 by Rivals.com in the class of 2012 and ESPN’s No. 11 small forward in the country that season."

46 points, 19 rebounds and 7 assists . . . all in one game??!!! 22.9 points and 10 rebounds per game on the average??!!! Scheesh . . . that's not too bad.