The Official Welcome Thread

hhcmatt

Hi. Long time lurker. I won't post much.

I only registered to gain access to the recruiting board :)

Funny! Since I registered on the old board for the same purpose...but the shiny new facilities have gotten to me and I have committed...to communicating....continue to speak up before all the bandwagon crowd arrives! Welcome...to you...and me!

Funny! Since I registered on the old board for the same purpose...but the shiny new facilities have gotten to me and I have committed...to communicating....continue to speak up before all the bandwagon crowd arrives! Welcome...to you...and me!

The bandwagon jumpers are somewhat expected when we start winning. Notice I did not say IF.

I'd actually picture this as a new arena. BTW..perhaps the "Devaney Dungeon" needs a rename

Since we'll be playing in the PBA for the next 30-50 years, my vote would be for "The Bank Vault". Only problem there would be if Pinnacle somehow goes broke, can't pay the installments, and have to sacrifice the naming rights. But really, that probably wouldn't happen for at least a decade. By then we'll be using like... I dunno... telepathy instead of the internet, have space cars, robot housemaids, and boys named Elroy. That is, if the world doesn't explode in two months.

Since we'll be playing in the PBA for the next 30-50 years, my vote would be for "The Bank Vault". Only problem there would be if Pinnacle somehow goes broke, can't pay the installments, and have to sacrifice the naming rights. But really, that probably wouldn't happen for at least a decade. By then we'll be using like... I dunno... telepathy instead of the internet, have space cars, robot housemaids, and boys named Elroy. That is, if the world doesn't explode in two months.

I like that name so far. Has a nice ring to it.

They could get bought out like the Qwest though I actually like the sound of CLINK better.

Silver,

I just sent a letter to Doc, attached with a resume, my senior year of high school, to see if I could help out the team in any fashion. I didn't even know there were student managers. Coach Croft then sent me an e-mail to set-up an interview, and after a few more times talking with him on the phone, the rest is history.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Kia Ora

just registered here to follow, with high anticipation and expectation, my compatriot Tai Webster.

Basketball is on a high at the moment here in New Zealand and I will be eagerly following your team's and Tai's exploits

in the Big East. I have hopes to see Tai in 3 or 4 years playing in the NBA but they are not high hopes yet and are therefore trying to gauge his progress by following your direct impressions and judgements on this site.

I have a current bet with my neighbour ( a bet which is now 3 years old) that we would have 3 kiwis playing in the NBA before 2020. Steven Adams is no1, Tai could be no2 and we have another 7 years to come up with a fourth :].

regards

Slowneasy

Kia Ora

just registered here to follow, with high anticipation and expectation, my compatriot Tai Webster.

Basketball is on a high at the moment here in New Zealand and I will be eagerly following your team's and Tai's exploits

in the Big East. I have hopes to see Tai in 3 or 4 years playing in the NBA but they are not high hopes yet and are therefore trying to gauge his progress by following your direct impressions and judgements on this site.

I have a current bet with my neighbour ( a bet which is now 3 years old) that we would have 3 kiwis playing in the NBA before 2020. Steven Adams is no1, Tai could be no2 and we have another 7 years to come up with a fourth :].

regards

Slowneasy

A hearty welcome to the board slow!  Just one thing though...

It's the Big Ten.  Big East is the conference the goobers over in Omaha play in.  :)

Big Ten (or B1G) is a far superior hoops conference anyway, so if Tai can prove his mettle there, he'll have a great shot at the NBA.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Hello HHC! 

I've been a lurker for awhile now and finally decided to make an account. Farm boy from rural Nebraska, now living in Omaha. Growing up my dad took me to a couple of Nebrasketball games every year (Barry Collier era) and loved it. Loved watching players like Alex Maric, Ade Dagunduro, and Brandon Richardson. 

I hate Creighton, sorry Jayskers.

I also dabble into some Providence Friars basketball. My great aunt lives in Rhode Island and has sent me some Providence Friars gear. I felt like I had to go when the Friars played Creighton. The two games I went to Providence won by buzzer beaters. Ever since then I feel like I owe it to the Friars to watch. 🙂

Also a big Red Sox fan. #GBRSox.