2016 recruits

Row6Seat10

• 4 weeks later...

Robbi Ryan a 5'9 guard from Sheridan High School in Sheridan WY goes up on the big board after she announces that the Huskers are in her final list of 5 schools. Ryan, a two-time all-state selection in basketball, has narrowed her college choices to Nebraska, Iowa, California at Berkeley, Arizona State and Colorado. She has also earned all-state honors in volleyball and soccer.

5325301dbad01.preview-620.jpg

A two-time all-state selection, Ryan is currently averaging 17.4 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.2 assists and a state-best 3.7 steals per game for the 8-1 Broncs. Wyoming was also in the running, but Ryan said the Cowgirls didn’t make the final cut. “There was no particular reason,” she said. “I just felt like the five schools I listed fit me the best.” Ryan said she has no timeline as to when she wants to make her final decision. She plans to start taking visits in April.

http://trib.com/sports/high-school/basketball-girls/article_f39e3f29-6a9e-54e7-a497-8e49d742d408.html#.VLiPFnFY4tQ.twitter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's an article on Husker target Kathleen Doyal. A 2016 recruit, she has an offer from NU and visited Lincoln last September.

http://basketball.dailyherald.com/article/20150305/sports/150309338/

"She's one of the rare kids who is able to dominate a game without scoring a lot of points. She's able to do it because she's such a good defender, she gets you rebounds, she's making assists, she gets blocks and steals. She's doing a little bit of everything; often guards the other team's best player, their best handler, and lead our fastbreak for us. It's a rare thing when you can dominate a game without scoring 20 or 25 points and she's able to do that."

Husker target -  Kat Tudor named Tri-City Athletic League's MVP

There are a lot of reasons for St. Mary’s Rams success in varsity girls basketball this season, and one of those reasons is Lodi native Kat Tudor.

The junior sharpshooter has made 47 percent of her 3-point attempts this year, but bumped the number up to about 65 percent during league play.

“Honestly, she’s better now than I thought she was going to be by the time she graduated. It’s scary,” Gonsalves said. “She can take the game to another level. I think she has 25 or 30 D-1 offers already.

Most of the PAC-12 schools have offered her, and I know Nebraska, Iowa State, Iowa, she’s gotten a lot of attention.”

I actually think it could be hard to pull her off of the west coast...but I thought the same with Nat-Nat Romeo and looked how that turned out!! The kid's mother was raised in Cedar Rapids so the Iowa schools have that going for them. Iowa although has just about a full class already so that might be something she may want to take into consideration. And Fennelly likes to yell at his players.

I really, really like that 47% from three point range this past year! We could use another 6' guard once Rachel graduates.

Now, Coach Sunny had been our main recruiter with Kat, hopefully our contact with her has continued on excellent terms and she see's NU as a top possibility. She has got to see what Romeo has done here this past year and that has got to pique her interest. I know that she has took visits to UCLA, Arizona St and the Oregon schools. And from what I can gather the Sun Devils lead right now.

Not sure if she's visited Lincoln yet or not. If not maybe a visit this summer is in the works.

Husker target -  Kat Tudor named Tri-City Athletic League's MVP

There are a lot of reasons for St. Mary’s Rams success in varsity girls basketball this season, and one of those reasons is Lodi native Kat Tudor.

The junior sharpshooter has made 47 percent of her 3-point attempts this year, but bumped the number up to about 65 percent during league play.

“Honestly, she’s better now than I thought she was going to be by the time she graduated. It’s scary,” Gonsalves said. “She can take the game to another level. I think she has 25 or 30 D-1 offers already.

Most of the PAC-12 schools have offered her, and I know Nebraska, Iowa State, Iowa, she’s gotten a lot of attention.”

I actually think it could be hard to pull her off of the west coast...but I thought the same with Nat-Nat Romeo and looked how that turned out!! The kid's mother was raised in Cedar Rapids so the Iowa schools have that going for them. Iowa although has just about a full class already so that might be something she may want to take into consideration. And Fennelly likes to yell at his players.

I really, really like that 47% from three point range this past year! We could use another 6' guard once Rachel graduates.

Now, Coach Sunny had been our main recruiter with Kat, hopefully our contact with her has continued on excellent terms and she see's NU as a top possibility. She has got to see what Romeo has done here this past year and that has got to pique her interest. I know that she has took visits to UCLA, Arizona St and the Oregon schools. And from what I can gather the Sun Devils lead right now.

Not sure if she's visited Lincoln yet or not. If not maybe a visit this summer is in the works.

I guess Yori is out of the running as well, since she likes to yell as well. Or so says a former player.

Husker target Mikayla Pivec has a top six!

In the biggest game of her career, Pivec delivered her finest performance. Her 31 points and 17 rebounds helped the Royals beat two-time defending champion Cleveland 54-42 to claim the first girls basketball state championship in school history. “Counting her offensive rebounds and her all-around game, for that stage I guess I would have to say that is her most dominant game,” Lynnwood head coach Everett Edwards said of Pivec, who was named the tournament MVP.

Several colleges have shown interest in Pivec, with Seattle University, Washington, Washington State, Nebraska, Oregon State and Stanford at the top of her list. Each of those schools, except Stanford, has offered her a scholarship, though Stanford has asked her if she would like to make an official visit. Pivec said she won't rush into a decision on where she will play after high school. “I just want to take my time and get as much information as possible to make the right decision,” she said.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20150314/SPORTS01/150319548

• 3 weeks later...

The Sacramento Bee announced their Players of the Year and Husker target 6’3 GiGi Garcia is one of the winners.

Garcia, a 6-3 forward and also a three-year varsity starter, helped lead McClatchy to its finest season. The Lions went 27-7, including 7-1 in the playoffs, and capped the season as the region’s only state champion, beating Serra of Gardena 65-61 in overtime in Division I. Garcia had 19 points, 20 rebounds, four assists and three steals as the Lions become the first Sacramento City Unified School District girls team to win a state title.

For the season, Garcia averaged 17.7 points, 11.3 rebounds and 2.5 steals, and she also was praised for her passing ability and to see plays develop.

Garcia has offers from Nebraska, Oregon State, UCLA, USC and Washington.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/prep-plus-blog/article17166908.html

I had heard we had some recruits in town this week and that Kathleen Doyle may have been one of them. This article from the Chicago Tribune confirms it.

Tribune/WGN-9 Athlete of the Month: Benet's Kathleen Doyle

"Kathleen is a new-school guard but old-school player," Kilbride said. "She's a unique player. She's very competitive, and has exceptional athleticism with tremendous lateral quickness and north-south speed. She jumps out of the gym and plays hard all the time."

Doyle's junior season made her one of the most coveted point guard recruits in the state. She made an unofficial visit to Nebraska earlier this week, and says the Cornhuskers are one of about 20 teams to offer her a scholarship, a list that also includes Illinois, Northwestern, Arizona State, Marquette and Wake Forest.

I gather that the Huskers are at the top of her list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't quite figure KState out.  I think they are maxed on scholarships now with both Pages (2 players left so the Pages could be on scholly), but they seem to be in the hunt for about 3 transfers (the Canadian twins have visited and a girl from USC).  Who else is leaving?  I think that is why this girl decommitted, no room for her.  They seem to be recruiting 6' and taller.

They're also looking at Louisville transfer Megan Deines a one time Husker recruit way back when. She was a junior last season with not much playing time with Louisville and has one year left to play as she'll be a senior next season.

By the way our 2016 Big Board could see some changes as we get further into the recruiting season this summer because of the recruiting coordinator change that happened here last month. We'll try to keep you as close to up to date as possible if those changes if any should occur.

They're also looking at Louisville transfer Megan Deines a one time Husker recruit way back when. She was a junior last season with not much playing time with Louisville and has one year left to play as she'll be a senior next season.

By the way our 2016 Big Board could see some changes as we get further into the recruiting season this summer because of the recruiting coordinator change that happened here last month. We'll try to keep you as close to up to date as possible if those changes if any should occur.

Please do Row.......just hope the new recruiter can make some new inroads .......successfully.

Please do Row.......just hope the new recruiter can make some new inroads .......successfully.

Do you think in a more southerly and west still?

Hannah Whitish a 5'9 point guard from Barneveld High School in Barneveld WI is first recruit known to have received an offer from the Huskers since the coaching change. Whitish is making a name for herself this year on the AAU circuit playing for Wisconsin Academy.

Whitish, the 2014-2015 Wisconsin State Journal/WisconsinPrepZone.com All-Area Player of the Year, has scored 1,454 points over her first three years of high school. She has led Barneveld to three state championship games (all against Assumption), two state titles and an overall record of 82-3.

Whitish averaged 21.1 points, 3.9 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 4.6 steals per game last season as Barneveld went 27-1 and beat Wisconsin Rapids Assumption in the state final. She averaged 17.1 points as a sophomore and 15.0 for a freshman. Barneveld High is equvilent to a Class C-2 school here in Nebraska.

550537a33fc4c.image.jpg

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Arkansas have also offered.

@https://twitter.com/WiscoAcademy/status/596418073835409408