2016 recruits

Row6Seat10

One time Husker interest Destiny Slocum pulled the trigger and committed to Washington today.

I'm curious to see who Shimmy is looking at our here in Oregon. There's a 2017 star in Salem that's a 5 star level talent with a basketball family background.

Evina Westbrook maybe?

That would be my guess but I do know Shimmy was in Portland all day and was at the UP practice.

One of the September visits to Lincoln was Alicia Sutton the 5'8 point guard from Parkway North High School in St. Louis. Her twitter handle is @kaorie15 as in the tweet below.

https://twitter.com/mrmykepresents/status/516777389536579584

Anyone now if she was here Miami weekend?

Got my fingers crossed :)

No question it helps because it puts the program in a very positive light, and increases the chance of having winning teams while she is here.  Both of those factors help recruiting.  That said, next year the roster will have at least 10 kids that are sophs or freshman so some recruits for 2016 and beyond may start worrying about early PT so that will be a relevant factor to some kids.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Anything new on possible 2016 recruits? ...........It seems to be awfully quiet.

November 2015 is a LONG way away.  Wouldn't expect to hear too much yet.  Also, it is interesting that with the strength of our last two classes, we are starting to hear from recruits, high school coaches and club coaches about playing time concerns.  Other schools are using our class rankings against us, and telling recruits there won't be any playing time.  It is a new situation for us--and a very good problem to have!

Also, sounds like Coach Shimmy got to see Kat Tudor on her little jaunt to California earlier this week.

I realize that these services never seem to get the heights right. But for anyone who cares Sabrina Ionesco is now 5'11" and Kat Tudor is 6 ft.  The listed Height is what they were as freshman.

Ally Rosenblum comes off the big board.

Ally Rosenblum of Newport Coast, Calif., gave UCLA her verbal commitment earlier this week. The 6-foot-3 forward and Mater Dei junior also considered Arizona State, Nebraska, Oregon State, Washington and West Virginia.

http://www.prospectsnation.com/story/reax-no-47-rosenblum-ucla

Also, sounds like Alecia Sutton the #8th ranked guard in next years class from Parkway North High in St Louis is close to a decision. Probably sometime before Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Alecia Sutton comes off the big board today, she picked Texas.

"I clicked with the players and the coaching staff and that solidified my decision," said Sutton, who also considered Tennessee, UCLA, Nebraska and Louisville.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12042617/alecia-sutton-celebrates-16th-birthday-giving-verbal-texas

I inquired last year up at the state track meet what her intentions were for college. And never really got a straight answer. What i found out was some thought she might concentrate solely on track another guy told me that he heard she wanted to try both. I heard from someone who said she wanted to get away from Nebraska. Those thought maybe Texas A&M or LSU. So who knows, I haven't heard if there is any interest that the Huskers have for her either. We'll just have to wait and see.

Don't know if NU has any interest in Chloe Akin-Otiko, but there is a nice article in the OWH today about her and how she has stepped up her game this season. Believe she is averaging 26 per game.

http://www.neprepzone.com/sports/thunderbird-girls-finding-another-driving-force/article_930fea8e-bedf-50a5-be27-e80e1fc66966.html

People give me grief when I'm wrong, so let me just take a bow on this one.  If you look, probably on the old site, I picked her out as a 9th grader at the State Tournament and said she was one I thought looked pretty special.  Every other year, it seems there's a 9th grader that really grabs your attention.  All the way from Darcy Stracke to Katie Robinette to Vonnie Turner and many others in between.  Three years ago, Chloe was the one where I said, "Watch this kid."

Don't know if NU has any interest in Chloe Akin-Otiko, but there is a nice article in the OWH today about her and how she has stepped up her game this season. Believe she is averaging 26 per game.http://www.neprepzone.com/sports/thunderbird-girls-finding-another-driving-force/article_930fea8e-bedf-50a5-be27-e80e1fc66966.html

People give me grief when I'm wrong, so let me just take a bow on this one. If you look, probably on the old site, I picked her out as a 9th grader at the State Tournament and said she was one I thought looked pretty special. Every other year, it seems there's a 9th grader that really grabs your attention. All the way from Darcy Stracke to Katie Robinette to Vonnie Turner and many others in between. Three years ago, Chloe was the one where I said, "Watch this kid."
Uhm... Norm.... Uhmmm... Might want to reword or add words to " go to state and pick out the best 9 th grader each year. ;)