Tarin Smith

Swan88

He's a nice kid, too.  I ran into him over at Hendricks this summer.  He was walking around in Husker shorts and tank but, SHOCKINGLY, he was wearing Air Jordans shoes.  Dammit, this is an adidas school!  I thought kids were required to throw away all of their Nike gear before they could enroll.

I worry a little bit that he might become homesick ala Nate Hawkins though...judging by his tweets this summer.

UNL/Lincoln can be a very lonely place during the summer.    Once all the students move back in the fall I think he'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

He's a nice kid, too.  I ran into him over at Hendricks this summer.  He was walking around in Husker shorts and tank but, SHOCKINGLY, he was wearing Air Jordans shoes.  Dammit, this is an adidas school!  I thought kids were required to throw away all of their Nike gear before they could enroll.

Norm, I love you, but...

your comment shows exactly what they prefer...

Wearing Adidas is like sled riding in the summer.

Wearing Adidas is like sleeping with Khole Kardashian when you can sleep with any other woman.

Wearing Adidas is like using a saw to pound a hammer.

Wearing Adidas is like fisting a couch with gloves.

Wearing Adidas is like banking at a local chain with 2 atm when you could bank with a national chain.

Wearing Adidas is like joining myspace is 2014.

Wearing Adidas is like admitting you would rather watch NASCAR than the NFL.

Wearing Adidas is like listening to NOW 45023 rather than NOW 4.

Wearing Adidas is like accepting you're okay with making minimum wage to do a $20 an hour job.

Wearing Adidas is like thinking Ray Rice only deserves a 2 game suspension.

Wearing Adidas is like ______

I question how much you love me when I don't even get a +1 on my Cookie Miller joke.

And if I have to explain it, it really ruins the effect.

Besides, wearing Nike is like ...

Wearing Nike is like cheering for Russia to beat the U.S. Hockey team in Lake Placid in 1980.

Wearing Nike is like being a virtual booster for the University of Oregon.

Wearing Nike is like wanting Drago to beat Rocky.

Wearing Nike is like listening to nothing but AT's Top 40.

Wearing Nike is like only going to movies starring famous people.

Wearing Nike is like following the pack of lemmings off the cliff.

Wearing Nike is like switching to Hanes underwear just because Michael Jordan pitches them.

Wearing Nike is like eating at the hot place to eat in town for no other reason than it's the hot place to eat.

Wearing Nike is like going to Creighton games just because everyone else in your bridge club started going.

Wearing Nike is like becoming a fan of whichever team just won the national championship.

Wearing Nike is like collecting Beanie Babies.

Wearing Nike is like learning to drive your brand-new Harley Davidson while on the way to Sturgis.

Wearing Nike is like preferring to buy an "American" car built in Mexico rather than a Honda made in America.

Wearing Nike is like always cheering for the frontrunner.

Wearing Nike is like pretending you always were a Red Sox fan after they finally won a World Series.

Wearing Nike is like believing Kim Kardashian is hot just because she's famous.

Dead thread probably, but I just saw the rebuttal...

Touche.

• 1 month later...

2015-16 will be interesting with Smith, Webster, Watson, and Parker all battling for playing time.

That's a GREAT problem to have.  Keeps everybody working hard.  I remember early in Doc's tenure the biggest thing he said hurt them was that the practices weren't as competitive as they needed to be and players got complacent.

Can anyone give a run down? Not working on my phone.  Thanks

He basically said that Miles said he has been impressed with Smith and how he handles pressure and makes the right decisions.  Mentioned recruiting him in New Jersey showing that NU is putting its blue print all over.  Didn't say Smith would start, but will have a good shot at it. 

-Tarin Smith has impressed coach Miles early on, he'll likely be talked about at the Press Conference

-Looking at Smith to be the team's "quarterback" with comparisons to Peyton Manning and Donavan McNabb

-From New Jersey, demonstrates Nebraska's ability to recruit nationally

-Shows good ability to control the offense and get the ball where it needs to go, also handles perimeter pressure well

-Too early to tell if he'll be a starter, but he's in contention

Then a bunch of boring crap about Memphis and Steve Fischer

He basically said that Miles said he has been impressed with Smith and how he handles pressure and makes the right decisions.  Mentioned recruiting him in New Jersey showing that NU is putting its blue print all over.  Didn't say Smith would start, but will have a good shot at it. 

Thank you.  I couldn't get audio on the vid this morning.

I would venture Smith/Parker, Webster, Petteway, Shields, Pitchford. This is the best lineup.

I would agree with this. It was the best lineup we had last year. Off bench will be Moses, Benny, fuller, rivers. They are going to do everything they can to still red shirt Hammond.

Hammond expects to play this year.