Michael Jacobson

Huskerpapa

Welcome Young man. Great choice, obviously. His commitment comes somewhat out of left field. Does anyone knwo how good he actualy is?

Top 200 player in the country.  Hes a niche player that can be used in multiple ways.  Was also getting offers in football as a TE.  Iowa is said to have been close to offering as early as today per BR and other teams were on the verge as well. Extremely bright young man and seems to fit the mold of person Miles has gotten lately with guys like Fuller, Smith, etc.

Thanks Kamdy. Lot's of good info and some film in the recruiting section. Sometimes it would be better to read before I ask :P Looks like a fundamentally sound Player who could give us quality minutes after some time in the Programm. Might be a good RS candidate like Fuller.

Welcome Young man. Great choice, obviously. His commitment comes somewhat out of left field. Does anyone knwo how good he actualy is?

Top 200 player in the country.  Hes a niche player that can be used in multiple ways.  Was also getting offers in football as a TE.  Iowa is said to have been close to offering as early as today per BR and other teams were on the verge as well. Extremely bright young man and seems to fit the mold of person Miles has gotten lately with guys like Fuller, Smith, etc.

Now Rosenthal says that Creighton did NOT offer.  Apparently Jays fans got pretty upset that he tweeted that they offered.  

Because all know that Creighton only offers big-time recruits like Justin Patton.

Why would BR specifically say CU offered in the first place?  Why even mention CU if he didn't know for sure especially when he retracted in later.  Pretty poor journalism if you asked me.

Now Rosenthal says that Creighton did NOT offer.  Apparently Jays fans got pretty upset that he tweeted that they offered.  

Because all know that Creighton only offers big-time recruits like Justin Patton.

Why would BR specifically say CU offered in the first place?  Why even mention CU if he didn't know for sure especially when he retracted in later.  Pretty poor journalism if you asked me.

He either made a simple mistake or passed along some bad information. He's a good journalist. It's gonna happen in this world of "get the story out ASAP."

I kind of like this quote from the LJS article:

“With their style of play – I’ve known Coach Miles since his days at North Dakota State – I think it’s a really great fit for Michael,” said Waukee High School coach Justin Ohl, a former men’s basketball assistant coach at Drake.

“His body stands out, his length. He’s 6-8 but he’s got a big wing span, and the fact he’s still young for his age. He doesn’t shave yet. He’s a very competitive kid, he’s hard-nosed. He really fits what Coach Miles has been able to build on throughout this career with that type of individual.”

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-really-great-fit-for-recuit-jacobson/article_043ba8ff-e28c-509c-a3ad-5021297d7b2c.html

OWH says others schools were involved....Drake,Brown,Indiana St, Northern Iowa and Leigh.  Football offer from Iowa St.  Also says his Twitter account shows him with his arm around Mark Mangino.  I guess he does have a big wing span!

Lee Barfknecht has a great article in this morning's Omaha World Herald on Michael Jacobson.  Here are some blurbs from the article:

Ohl said the last four months have produced big changes in Jacobson’s game.  “He really hit the weight room hard in the spring,” Ohl said. “Then this summer playing with Mo-Kan really helped his development, playing top competition.”

. . .

Jacobson said he thinks he is still growing, and wouldn’t be surprised to end up close to 6-10 and 245 pounds. Ohl, his prep coach, agrees.  “He’s got a big frame, long arms and soft hands. And he moves pretty well,” Ohl said. “He’s a very good rebounder. I think that’s the biggest thing right now that will carry forward to college. I think he’ll rebound at a high level.”

Lee Barfknecht has a great article in this morning's Omaha World Herald on Michael Jacobson.  Here are some blurbs from the article:

Ohl said the last four months have produced big changes in Jacobson’s game.  “He really hit the weight room hard in the spring,” Ohl said. “Then this summer playing with Mo-Kan really helped his development, playing top competition.”

. . .

Jacobson said he thinks he is still growing, and wouldn’t be surprised to end up close to 6-10 and 245 pounds. Ohl, his prep coach, agrees.  “He’s got a big frame, long arms and soft hands. And he moves pretty well,” Ohl said. “He’s a very good rebounder. I think that’s the biggest thing right now that will carry forward to college. I think he’ll rebound at a high level.”

This is what I've been waiting to hear about Jacobson, whether he is still growing or not. Bigs have obviously been an area of need for quite some time for NU and hopefully he can provide some depth and contribute at both ends of the court. The more I read about this kid the more I like him. My main reason is that I still have faith in Tim Miles judgment on players.

Here is a tidbit from Lee Barfknecht's article on Jacobson's recruitment that quotes from Jacobson's high school coach:

For basketball, Harvard wanted him. So did Princeton. And rushing in at the last minute was Big Ten rival Iowa. “Iowa came on strong here, poking around and trying to get involved,” Waukee High coach Justin Ohl said Friday. “But Nebraska was too far ahead to go down that road.”