Nick Fuller

kldm64

Its pretty easy to sneak into the Hendricks during the weekdays and the BB team will workout around the 2-4pm range. I saw Fuller in open gym at Hendricks about 2 weeks ago and he is definitely taller and much more filled out.  I would say he even looked taller than Shields when he was standing next to him at the gym.

Would like to see a then and now for him like the one for Tai

Actually, he does appear larger

c7979bb3d2.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!! HE IS GOTTEN HUGE!!!

Hopefully he doesn't need to take any x-rays. His elbows seem to be bending in the correct directions.

The fingers of his left hand look like they have arthritis.....

What got me pumped up the most about the article was Fuller's comment towards the end that the added strength has really helped his confidence. You can't ever have too much confidence when you have shooting skills like his. I also liked the part that mentions his work with Wilson on his defensive footwork. What a bonus if he can be solid on defense besides providing the offensive outside scoring we need!

Screw kids with size, we need to find another Cary Cochran.  

I don't know about that. I'd take another Brian Conklin.

I liked Conklin a lot and he was certainly more versatile, but he was not the shoot Cochran was.

Don't think that's as cut and dry as you think...

Guys like Conk and other 6'-10" forwards who can knock down triples at 55% clip don't grow on trees... as much as Cary made an impression on NU's record books, there are a lot more 6'-2" guards who can stroke it from deep at a high rate. But, shoot, I'd take a Marcus Perry-type shooter at the moment. All are 'good' it's just that the 6'-10" sharpshooter is a bit more rare!!

I'm kind of excited for this kid.  Hopefully he can provide some 3 point shooting for them as a freshman and then as his game develops, turns into a kid that can do a lot of different things(post up, mid range shooter, good passer, etc).  From seeing some of his high school film, he looks like he can do quite a few different things.  He seems like a kid that has good fundamentals and is pretty coachable.  I see him as an Eric Piatkowski type player.  Not so much that I see that his production would be the same, but the same type of skill set.  When Pike was here, he could do a lot of things like bring the ball up, post up, etc.