2016 F Isaiah Roby - Signed

According to the Omaha World-Herald this morning :

Roby hasn’t undergone a formal growth analysis. His father is 6-5 and his mother 5-8. And he is young for his class.  “One thing Coach Miles said he liked about me was that I don’t have any leg hair or facial hair yet,” Roby said. “He said that shows I have a lot of room to grow yet.”

There you have it--confirmation received.

Sooooo ... he's serious about the leg hair thing, then.

Another thing Miles' recruits have in common with Zucchini:  No leg hair.

All kidding aside, it makes sense if you think about it.  Scary thing is, this kid is already 6'8" and he's still growing.  He has guard skills, he's 6'8" and he's not done growing.

Color me stoked.

Color me stoked was a movie at my stag back when you had stags at somebodies house and had 8mm movies... Oh wait you said stoked not stroked, never mind.;)

6 8, if it's realistic is plenty big for the 4. Interesting pick up. Do you think Pinder ends up not making it?

Good question.  Granted, I haven't seen a lot of film of either of these guys, but I was always a little doubtful about Pinder's skill level and, from what little I've seen of Roby, I've been very enthusiastic about him in comparison.  So, I don't know.  The video I've seen and the accounts we've read suggest Pinder might be a bit of a reach and, moreover, there's a good probability that we'll be able to get involved with top shelf players for the '16 class by this time next year.  So, if Pinder doesn't explode in the meantime, I could very well see the offer withdrawn.   Would not be shocked, just put it that way. 

If I had to guess whether we could land a better player by this time next year than we were able to get committed at this time last year, I would say we'd definitely be in better shape for the '16 class than we were for the '14 class, which Pinder was originally supposed to be in.  When he switched from Sunrise Prep to Hutch CC, I didn't think that was a very good sign for him.  Hold a gun to my head and make me guess?  I'd say Pinder probably won't be a Husker.

And, what's more, only five Isaiah Roby pages on this board prior to his commitment. Just sayin' . . .

What I find funny is Creighton offered him on September 28, one day after he unofficially visited Nebraska for the SECOND time. They must think they're pretty hot stuff that they can just jump in and beat us for kids we've been after for a while. So glad we got this kid, he is going to grow I would bet and he looks like he's going to be the next Shavon Shields. 

Illballerz.com is a website dedicated to following illinois basketball. They ranked Roby the second best in 2016 for the state. They have Ben Coupet a Simeon teammate of Morrow #1 and Benson is #6.

Benson is a Rivals 150 guy somewhere in the top 90, last I checked.  If Roby is truly a better prospect, he ought to be seeing some love soon, I would think.

30 inch vertical isn't too shabby for a junior in HS who's 6'7".  By the time he reaches college and gets in our weight program, that'll increase a good 6-10". 

But that 7 foot wingspan is other-worldly.  His dress shirts are probably size 15 1/2 x 42.  That's some serious length.

Illballerz.com is a website dedicated to following illinois basketball. They ranked Roby the second best in 2016 for the state. They have Ben Coupet a Simeon teammate of Morrow #1 and Benson is #6.

Benson is a Rivals 150 guy somewhere in the top 90, last I checked.  If Roby is truly a better prospect, he ought to be seeing some love soon, I would think.

30 inch vertical isn't too shabby for a junior in HS who's 6'7".  By the time he reaches college and gets in our weight program, that'll increase a good 6-10". 

But that 7 foot wingspan is other-worldly.  His dress shirts are probably size 15 1/2 x 42.  That's some serious length.

Im not sure what they base things on for rankings.  Maybe based on current production and not projections like recruiting websites do.  For example they have Morrow as the 4th best player in the state and Morrow as the 6th best but both are reversed according to recruiting websites.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty smooth.  Will be interesting to see what he looks like when he bulks up.  His one shot looked decent.  Decent form anyway.  Really liked the spin move that he showed, and he looks like one who likes to push the tempo.  Will be interesting to see how this guy plays out.  Overall though, not to bad for a 2016 recruit.

Looks pretty smooth.  Will be interesting to see what he looks like when he bulks up.  His one shot looked decent.  Decent form anyway.  Really liked the spin move that he showed, and he looks like one who likes to push the tempo.  Will be interesting to see how this guy plays out.  Overall though, not to bad for a 2016 recruit.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like Roby is having a nice impact his junior season

http://www.saukvalley.com/2015/01/06/boys-basketball-roby-dukes-swat-away-trojans/aclp61a/

Isaiah Roby isn’t the trash talking type, but if he was, he could crow, “Not in my house.”

Dixon’s junior forward swatted away 10 shots, tossed in 20 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead the Dukes to a 65-52 victory against Mendota in a key Big Northern West game Monday in Lancaster Gymnasium.

I didn't realize what a small town Roby plays in outside of AAU season. Dixon is that town off I-88 on the way to Chicago that is the birthplace of Ronald Reagan, a bit bigger than Beatrice. Not really surprised he is dominating in his high school league.

• 1 month later...