2016 F Isaiah Roby - Signed

The kid is listed 6'7"/6'6" with room still to grow.

That is fantastic size for a wing his age, summer after his sophomore year.

As an aside, I promise I won't talk about kudzu even if this thread reaches 50 pages.

:mellow:   <---- That's tape over my mouth on the subject of kudzu.

If he is 6'7 at this point I'M IN.   Anyone else feel like all we recruit is wings?

For the record-  Kudzu is a serious problem that NEEDS to be discussed.  Stay strong Norm.

One of the regional guys on 247 did put up a crystal ball prediction yesterday for NU after the visit was announced.  Obviously visiting a second time, this time with his parents, after the coaches did a very long in home meeting recently bodes well for us to get in on him early.

from a friend of mine that saw him play this summer he said he reminds him of a young version of Kyle Anderson, from UCLA now San Antonio Spurs, minus the ball handling abilities.

One of the regional guys on 247 did put up a crystal ball prediction yesterday for NU after the visit was announced. Obviously visiting a second time, this time with his parents, after the coaches did a very long in home meeting recently bodes well for us to get in on him early.

from a friend of mine that saw him play this summer he said he reminds him of a young version of Kyle Anderson, from UCLA now San Antonio Spurs, minus the ball handling abilities.

That's an interesting comparison, although I'm having a tough time imagining how good Kyle Anderson would be if he couldn't handle the ball since he's not a great shooter and a relatively slow and poor athlete.

One of the regional guys on 247 did put up a crystal ball prediction yesterday for NU after the visit was announced. Obviously visiting a second time, this time with his parents, after the coaches did a very long in home meeting recently bodes well for us to get in on him early.

That's an interesting comparison, although I'm having a tough time imagining how good Kyle Anderson would be if he couldn't handle the ball since he's not a great shooter and a relatively slow and poor athlete.

Anderson was 48% from 3 last year at UCLA and 48% for all FG's attempted so I wouldnt call that a poor shooter.  I think his meaning behind not as good as a ball handler is that he isn't a point forward like KA is.  Anderson averaged 6.5 assists a game.  I think Roby is a long lean wing that Anderson would be if he wasnt a proficient point forward.  If Anderson wasnt such a good ball handler he would still be a good college player just not a first rounder for the NBA.

Anderson was 48% from 3 last year at UCLA and 48% for all FG's attempted so I wouldnt call that a poor shooter.  I think his meaning behind not as good as a ball handler is that he isn't a point forward like KA is.  Anderson averaged 6.5 assists a game.  I think Roby is a long lean wing that Anderson would be if he wasnt a proficient point forward.  If Anderson wasnt such a good ball handler he would still be a good college player just not a first rounder for the NBA.

Agreed with everything you said, but just to clarify I said Anderson wasn't a great shooter (despite the percentage). I didn't call him a poor shooter.

So, how good is this kid?  Anyone have a sense?  I log onto his Rivals profile and he's not rated and I can't find any film of him on youtube.  There's already a Rivals 150 for 2016 and he's not on it.  Not even a 3-star.  Like his dimensions but don't have any sense of how good of a player he is.  If he's worthy of an offer this early in the process, I have to think he's quickly rising.

So, how good is this kid?  Anyone have a sense?  I log onto his Rivals profile and he's not rated and I can't find any film of him on youtube.  There's already a Rivals 150 for 2016 and he's not on it.  Not even a 3-star.  Like his dimensions but don't have any sense of how good of a player he is.  If he's worthy of an offer this early in the process, I have to think he's quickly rising.

If Tim is offering this early...that's all I need to know.

If this was surfing...when TM moved, we would all get up to try catch the wave he spotted! Of course, we would be following.

0,,17189903_303,00.jpg

Nebraska was his first offer and within a couple weeks had 4 offers and now is up to 6 total as I see Bradley and Illinois State have offered but not listed.  Iowa was in to see him today.  My guess is he's a kid that has great skills but not even close to scratching the surface for his talents (or leg hair).  I will assume he is a kid that blows up on the AAU circuits next summer and makes big gains in the rankings.