They are already planning for the next No-Sit Sunday vs Creighton

Wow, so stupid. Sometimes we really do act like little brother.

Let's be honest. They've owned us for awhile now. What's wrong with giving our only rival a raucous and difficult atmosphere to play in?
If we have to plan something like this for our in-state rival, I question the rivalry. If they're a rival, we shouldn't have to put something together to be a raucous crowd; it should happen naturally.
Couldn't you make that argument for every game, especially last year's Wisconsin game (given the circumstances)?

Was last year's Wisconsin game against our in-state rival? Was last year's Wisconsin a non-conference game? Did last year's Wisconsin game have little to do with us making the NCAA tournament?

I didn't have a problem with No-Sit Sunday last year, as that game was huge in terms of our program and where it was/is heading. When have we ever been able to say that about a game against Creighton?

Not here to argue, but discuss. I think that the idea of a "no-sit" game is seen by some as some sort of gimmick. I see it in another way. Maybe it's from sitting in the library that was Devaney for so many years (especially in the post-Nee era), but I prefer an energized, geeked up crowd. A "no-sit" game promotes that. I also absolutely hate Creighton. Yes, we will have a more talented team. But we still have to do more than just show up to win that game. That brings me to my next point. Can we really afford a loss to Creighton this year? I'm not talking in terms of tourney chances, I'm talking about for the projection of the program. If we can't win the state of Nebraska, we have a LONG way to go. Lastly, it's a great showcase for recruiting. I shouldn't have to go into that (recruiting) any further.

I don't really have a problem with "No Sit Sunday" being our thing. This is how traditions start. One game a year, it can be relative to each season, the entire crowd stands and goes bonkers the whole time. This could be our thing. 

I don't think Creighton should ever be that game.  Late-season conference game seems better suited for this kind of thing.

Why? I think it should be whatever game is important for the program. If it's non-conference game vs. Creighton so be it. It's relative to each season. If we get Duke in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge some year, that could be it or it could be an early conference game when Michigan State comes to town. The only qualifier is that it should be a big game. For this team right now, Creighton would qualify, IMO. It may not down the road, but I think it could certainly be in the conversation this year if this is something they want to make a tradition.

Creighton and Duke are nowhere near the same universe in this discussion.  If Duke ever came to town and we had to promote crowd participation, then I'd question the brains of the entire fanbase.

Wow, so stupid. Sometimes we really do act like little brother.

Let's be honest. They've owned us for awhile now. What's wrong with giving our only rival a raucous and difficult atmosphere to play in?
If we have to plan something like this for our in-state rival, I question the rivalry. If they're a rival, we shouldn't have to put something together to be a raucous crowd; it should happen naturally.
Couldn't you make that argument for every game, especially last year's Wisconsin game (given the circumstances)?
Was last year's Wisconsin game against our in-state rival? Was last year's Wisconsin a non-conference game? Did last year's Wisconsin game have little to do with us making the NCAA tournament?

I didn't have a problem with No-Sit Sunday last year, as that game was huge in terms of our program and where it was/is heading. When have we ever been able to say that about a game against Creighton?

Not here to argue, but discuss. I think that the idea of a "no-sit" game is seen by some as some sort of gimmick. I see it in another way. Maybe it's from sitting in the library that was Devaney for so many years (especially in the post-Nee era), but I prefer an energized, geeked up crowd. A "no-sit" game promotes that. I also absolutely hate Creighton. Yes, we will have a more talented team. But we still have to do more than just show up to win that game. That brings me to my next point. Can we really afford a loss to Creighton this year? I'm not talking in terms of tourney chances, I'm talking about for the projection of the program. If we can't win the state of Nebraska, we have a LONG way to go. Lastly, it's a great showcase for recruiting. I shouldn't have to go into that (recruiting) any further.

I initially thought of it as a gimmick...that is, until how well it turned out against Wisconsin. 

But I'd like us to get to the point where we don't have to have something like this because our crowd is so used to providing big support.

Can we afford to lose to Creighton?  I don't know...we afforded it last year.  Would it be nice to beat them again?  Of course.  I just don't put that game on the pedestal so many others do.

Can we afford to lose to Creighton?  I don't know...we afforded it last year.  Would it be nice to beat them again, of course.  I just don't put that game on the pedestal so many others do.

I agree with this sentiment completely.

It's hard to force something this far out.  Remember how the whole "Red Out Around the World" thing went for the football team?  I don't think anything will outdo the Wisc game just because of what was on the line, the weather that day, and the opponent.  My big thing is I know there will be many Jays fans there that day.  At the end of the National Anthem they are famous for saying "and the home of the Jays."  I think it's disrespectful and hate that they do that on our home court.  I think we should get something together where all the fans sing the last part of the National Anthem how it's supposed to be to drown out the Jays fans. 

I don't really have a problem with "No Sit Sunday" being our thing. This is how traditions start. One game a year, it can be relative to each season, the entire crowd stands and goes bonkers the whole time. This could be our thing. 

I don't think Creighton should ever be that game.  Late-season conference game seems better suited for this kind of thing.

Why? I think it should be whatever game is important for the program. If it's non-conference game vs. Creighton so be it. It's relative to each season. If we get Duke in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge some year, that could be it or it could be an early conference game when Michigan State comes to town. The only qualifier is that it should be a big game. For this team right now, Creighton would qualify, IMO. It may not down the road, but I think it could certainly be in the conversation this year if this is something they want to make a tradition.

Creighton and Duke are nowhere near the same universe in this discussion.  If Duke ever came to town and we had to promote crowd participation, then I'd question the brains of the entire fanbase.

I think you missed the point. I'm saying the "bigness" is relative to the season. And I don't think the arena stands like it did for Wisconsin for any game unless you have some sort of promotion in conjunction with it. There's nothing wrong with a gimmick from time to time.

The coaches and players can call for no-sit sunday any game they want, but if there aren't high stakes on the line, its gonna be hard to support it.  I would say 90% of the time, No Sit Sunday will be best in the last few games of the year, often the last game of the year (Senior Day...possible post-season implications). 

That said, I will embrace it any game.  I have no problem replicating the fan experience as the Wisconsin game. 

Can we afford to lose to Creighton?  I don't know...we afforded it last year.  Would it be nice to beat them again, of course.  I just don't put that game on the pedestal so many others do.

Watch the first half of last years game again, then tell me you don't want to kick the mcderm out of them.

This game should be named, F***asldkf** Creighton so hard they don't sit for 3 Sundays.

I think you missed the point. I'm saying the "bigness" is relative to the season. And I don't think the arena stands like it did for Wisconsin for any game unless you have some sort of promotion in conjunction with it. There's nothing wrong with a gimmick from time to time.
Unless Nebraska and Creighton are both in the top ten/fifteen, I think it will forever be too early in the season for the Creighton game to be all that important to our season. They have little to no prestige (and will probably never have as much as they did last year).

For me, I guess the Nebraska vs Creighton game is much bigger than that single game being played on the court.

Shortly after taking the job at Nebraska, Miles said that Nebraska basketball is the only show in the state. It's hard to make that case if Nebraska has a recent history of losing to Creighton. But now the best player in Creighton's history isn't on their team anymore, he can no longer mask the deficiencies of their team and/or coaching.

This game is the game Nebraska has the chances to take back this state. It is a chance for the players to say that the bball team is the only show in the state. It's the chance for the fans to say that they are the best fans in the state.

Creighton fans have a very well known reputation of showing up at the games in order to be seen and to have a little cocktail party.

This game, even though it may not be a matchup of two ranked teams, is a chance for the fans to say that we don't go to the games to be seen, or to socialize, or to have a few drinks.

It's a chance for Nebraska to say that our product on the court is better, our fans are better, and now, Nebrasketball is the only show in the state.

Do I think Nebraska will beat Creighton regardless of whether or not the fans are extraordinarily loud? Yes. But, just like when you beat your man off the dribble...why put up a weak shot when you get to the rim? Throw it down with authority!

This is our chance to help make Nebrasketball the only show in the state...and do it with authority...

Watch the first half of last years game again, then tell me you don't want to kick the mcderm out of them.

This game should be named, F***asldkf** Creighton so hard they don't sit for 3 Sundays.

See?  I have more passion to stick it to those douchenozzles from Iowa and get redemption there than Creighton.  I was really just responding to the pedestal part of cooksta's post anyway.

I do, however, admire your passion!  :D

For me, I guess the Nebraska vs Creighton game is much bigger than that single game being played on the court.

Shortly after taking the job at Nebraska, Miles said that Nebraska basketball is the only show in the state. It's hard to make that case if Nebraska has a recent history of losing to Creighton. But now the best player in Creighton's history isn't on their team anymore, he can no longer mask the deficiencies of their team and/or coaching.

This game is the game Nebraska has the chances to take back this state. It is a chance for the players to say that the bball team is the only show in the state. It's the chance for the fans to say that they are the best fans in the state.

Creighton fans have a very well known reputation of showing up at the games in order to be seen and to have a little cocktail party.

This game, even though it may not be a matchup of two ranked teams, is a chance for the fans to say that we don't go to the games to be seen, or to socialize, or to have a few drinks.

It's a chance for Nebraska to say that our product on the court is better, our fans are better, and now, Nebrasketball is the only show in the state.

Do I think Nebraska will beat Creighton regardless of whether or not the fans are extraordinarily loud? Yes. But, just like when you beat your man off the dribble...why put up a weak shot when you get to the rim? Throw it down with authority!

This is our chance to help make Nebrasketball the only show in the state...and do it with authority...

I am not going to disagree in total with your observations because there is a lot of truth in your take...but I will provide one exception.  Nebraska does not have to "take back the state..."  The high majority of communities and people in this fine state are die in the wool Nebraska fans, not Creighton fans. 

I am not going to disagree in total with your observations because there is a lot of truth in your take...but I will provide one exception. Nebraska does not have to "take back the state..." The high majority of communities and people in this fine state are die in the wool Nebraska fans, not Creighton fans.
I guess i wasnt really talking about which team has more fans...I was talking about the fact that it's time for Nebraska to "take back the state" in terms of which team is known as the top program in the state and the team that has the better product on the court and which team has fans that make their arena a nightmare for visiting teams to play in.

Like Miles said last season...I'm talking about Nebrasketball fans being loud enough the get Creighton's heads ringing...

I am not going to disagree in total with your observations because there is a lot of truth in your take...but I will provide one exception. Nebraska does not have to "take back the state..." The high majority of communities and people in this fine state are die in the wool Nebraska fans, not Creighton fans.
I guess i wasnt really talking about which team has more fans...I was talking about the fact that it's time for Nebraska to "take back the state" in terms of which team is known as the top program in the state and the team that has the better product on the court and which team has fans that make their arena a nightmare for visiting teams to play in.

Like Miles said last season...I'm talking about Nebrasketball fans being loud enough the get Creighton's heads ringing...

Cool...I agree.

Unless Nebraska and Creighton are both in the top ten/fifteen, I think it will forever be too early in the season for the Creighton game to be all that important to our season. They have little to no prestige (and will probably never have as much as they did last year).

We only get 30ish games a season. Games like this will always be important. Considering NU's been beaten down by Creighton for the better part of two decades now, it's absolutely a big game. I don't think it will carry that importance every (or even most) years, but this year, they're out for blood. I know the team wants to put the hurt on 'em. I think the fans do/will feel the same, so maybe it doesn't need the extra hype, but you're underselling how important this game will be treated this year.

I HATE CREIGHTON WITH A PASSION!!!

I think a little class warfare adds fuel to the fire of recent beat downs.  It's the public school versus the private school d-bags.

And they should get their own football team.

The Crayton I'm aware of has a futbol team... ;)

(both schools probably have their share of d-bags)

I HATE CREIGHTON WITH A PASSION!!!

I think a little class warfare adds fuel to the fire of recent beat downs.  It's the public school versus the private school d-bags.

And they should get their own football team.

The Crayton I'm aware of has a futbol team... ;)

(both schools probably have their share of d-bags)

Very true, but rich, preppy d-bags are insufferable.