They are already planning for the next No-Sit Sunday vs Creighton

Don't know how I feel about this. I mean, it's a game we need but won't there be a conference game that's bigger, more important than the Bluebirds game? I think I would rather beat Crayton with a regulation crowd, not having to do anything special or over the top or making a big deal of it.

And who's twitter feed is that? Is it the official department feed letting us know that's when it is? Or just a random person trying to make NoSit happen for that game? If so, is that really when the team and coaches want it?

There's no reason that the Wisconsin croud can't become the expectation

Agreed. Crowds are going to improve for the average game as we get better. However, while a better crowd needs to be expectation, you're not going to get the Wisconsin crowd for Random Non-Conference Game State. That's just the way it is and it only makes sense and needs to be the case that the Wisconsin crowd is better than the average crowd.

NoSitSunday was started by the coaches and it was stated after last years Wisconsin game that they were going to try this once every year. This prompted discussion on why we shouldn't do this every game. As hard as you try, you won't replicate NoSit for every game, but what will happen is that it will make the average games crowd better. NoSit to me is for that one game that needs to special from an atmosphere standpoint to give the team a chance. I'm more trying to figure out if this is official or just some random fan trying to start this for the Creighton game. The coaches started this and the team/coaches should be setting this.

Wow, so stupid. Sometimes we really do act like little brother.

Let's be honest. They've owned us for awhile now. What's wrong with giving our only rival a raucous and difficult atmosphere to play in?

If we have to plan something like this for our in-state rival, I question the rivalry. If they're a rival, we shouldn't have to put something together to be a raucous crowd; it should happen naturally.

Let's be honest. They've owned us for awhile now. What's wrong with giving our only rival a raucous and difficult atmosphere to play in?

If we have to plan something like this for our in-state rival, I question the rivalry. If they're a rival, we shouldn't have to put something together to be a raucous crowd; it should happen naturally.

Not to bring football into the mix, but this kind of reminds me when we were forced into the Nebraska/Iowa "rivalry" upon entering into the Big Ten.

Couldn't you make that argument for every game, especially last year's Wisconsin game (given the circumstances)?

If we were to have a #nosit day for a game in the non-con this year, I'd like to see us save it for an opponent that matters, like Cincinnati.  That's a game potentially of two top 20 teams most likely to be on ESPN.  Much better no sit game if you ask me.

I appreciate that sentiment. On the other hand, for our program, I think the Creighton game this year is HUGE. Arguably a win doesn't do that much for us, but a loss would be brutal. We absolutely need to win this game. First NU-CU game post-Doug, we have the more experienced team, we play in our crib. Time to assert ourselves in this state. A loss under the circumstances, and given recent history of the rivalry, could hurt the program momentum more than a loss against, say, a Cinci. I think the staff knows this. Kind of like Dr. Tom's old saying about "big games"--"they can become pretty big when you lose them".

And who's twitter feed is that? Is it the official department feed letting us know that's when it is? Or just a random person trying to make NoSit happen for that game? If so, is that really when the team and coaches want it?

This is a random person.

Here is an idea...no sit EVERY GAME.  I mostly do it now to a certain extent. :)

Maybe one day we'll get there.

To me, No Sit Sunday was about organizing the type of crowd it would take to will a team that would be an underdog at home.

Will we be an underdog vs Creighton this year? Doubtful.

Also does anyone realize how many Creighton fans will be standing and yelling during this game as well?  

No Scalp Sunday makes a heck of a lot more sense if you're going to organize something. Minimize the blue.

Also does anyone realize how many Creighton fans will be standing and yelling during this game as well?  

No Scalp Sunday makes a heck of a lot more sense if you're going to organize something. Minimize the blue.

I have a feeling Creighton fans will be staying away from this game. They all know what's going to happen and don't want to be there.

I have a feeling Creighton fans will be staying away from this game. They all know what's going to happen and don't want to be there.

I have a feeling it will be the exact opposite.  There are a significant number of people who hold season tickets for both teams and the vast majority of those (unfortunately) will be wearing blue to this game.

It may not be like it was two years ago at Devaney, but it will easily be the most opposing fans we've ever seen in PBA.

Couldn't you make that argument for every game, especially last year's Wisconsin game (given the circumstances)?

Was last year's Wisconsin game against our in-state rival?  Was last year's Wisconsin a non-conference game?  Did last year's Wisconsin game have little to do with us making the NCAA tournament? 

I didn't have a problem with No-Sit Sunday last year, as that game was huge in terms of our program and where it was/is heading.  When have we ever been able to say that about a game against Creighton?

This is a random person.

It was re tweeted by Kenya Hunter

I don't really have a problem with "No Sit Sunday" being our thing. This is how traditions start. One game a year, it can be relative to each season, the entire crowd stands and goes bonkers the whole time. This could be our thing. 

I don't think Creighton should ever be that game.  Late-season conference game seems better suited for this kind of thing.

I don't really have a problem with "No Sit Sunday" being our thing. This is how traditions start. One game a year, it can be relative to each season, the entire crowd stands and goes bonkers the whole time. This could be our thing. 

I don't think Creighton should ever be that game.  Late-season conference game seems better suited for this kind of thing.

Why? I think it should be whatever game is important for the program. If it's non-conference game vs. Creighton so be it. It's relative to each season. If we get Duke in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge some year, that could be it or it could be an early conference game when Michigan State comes to town. The only qualifier is that it should be a big game. For this team right now, Creighton would qualify, IMO. It may not down the road, but I think it could certainly be in the conversation this year if this is something they want to make a tradition.