Andrew White III - Kansas Transfer

Well that would be the 4th visit. Can buzz pull him in with the location? As it's really the only thing I can see being the benefit.

Yeah, V Tech seems very much like a program in turmoil at the moment. You would think there are better options out there to get closer to home if that is in fact what he is after the most. While certainly a factor I tend to think he is looking at a bigger overall picture than that though.

It also said something about it in the article about the kid who was leaving VT?

A person within the program said another transfer is on Williams’s initial wish list. Former Kansas guard Andrew White is scheduled to visit Blacksburg, Va., in the next 10 days. The 6-6 Richmond native has been to Nebraska and Notre Dame and is slated to visit Florida State this weekend as he searches for a new team.

From floridastate.247.com:

Kansas transfer, forward Andrew White, was scheduled to visit Florida State on Friday and Saturday. He informed Noles247.com on Saturday evening that the visit did not occur.

"I did not end up going," White told Noles247.com. "(Assistant Coach) Stan Jones called me the day before I was supposed to go and said they called the visit off because of some high school kids they wanted to get."

White has previously visited Nebraska, Notre Dame and Richmond.

Might help us some. Also on some Richmond sites they think he might come all the way home to them.

Robin Washut is reporting that it seem to be down to Notre Dame and us. In this scenario I like our chances. We need this kid on board asap. Then we need to land Morrow. That will get the ball rolling for Nebraska recruiting wise in my opinion.

Robin Washut is reporting that it seem to be down to Notre Dame and us. In this scenario I like our chances. We need this kid on board asap. Then we need to land Morrow. That will get the ball rolling for Nebraska recruiting wise in my opinion.

Unless academics and having "Notre Dame" on his degree certificate is important to him.  Otherwise, I agree with you.

Where is this being reported? Is there a new article or something?

Unless academics and having "Notre Dame" on his degree certificate is important to him.  Otherwise, I agree with you.

While I grant you that getting a degree from ND carries more prestige than one from NU, it's not like it's Stanford, Harvard or any of the other elite schools. I'm betting that the prestige of the degree will not play as big a factor in his final decision as some other factors that will end up favoring us.