Andrew White III - Kansas Transfer

Would love to have his brother walk-on. If he has the work ethic and a good head on his shoulders like Andrew you never know what could happen.

He came with his whole family (dad mom brother) so that could be an indication that he wants to be closer to home. Or it could mean nothing just wondering why his brother would want to fly out to nebraska. I also know that coach Hunter was showing him around. At least when I saw him.

His brother apparently is getting some mid-high major looks as 2015 PG according to this article that also explains more on why Andrew decided to transfer from KU.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2014/may/10/andrew-whites-little-brother-draws-recruiting-inte/

It was very glowing. Very positive. Just need to wait.

This.

Incredibly detailed and complimentary.  White broke down everything he saw about us, and all the positives, in really deep detail. Kid is incredibly mature.  He's still taking other visits, as expected...but I think we made as good an impression on him as we possibly could.  Will it be enough?  Who knows.

But if nothing else his quotes about us should end up getting emailed to other guys we are recruiting.  He sold NU pretty well.

It was very glowing. Very positive. Just need to wait.

This.

Incredibly detailed and complimentary.  White broke down everything he saw about us, and all the positives, in really deep detail. Kid is incredibly mature.  He's still taking other visits, as expected...but I think we made as good an impression on him as we possibly could.  Will it be enough?  Who knows.

But if nothing else his quotes about us should end up getting emailed to other guys we are recruiting.  He sold NU pretty well.

One thing that stood out was him saying he was going to take "alot" of visits. So this thing may not be over for a little bit.

I just have a feeling we aren't gonna land this kid. I really like his game and he could help us a ton! But I just feel like he won't end up here.

I disagree as I have feeling we are going to land this kid.

But don't we always seem to start strongs on kids but can never close on them. Such as Cornish and Deng

Or . . . you mean "always" have trouble "closing" on kids like Petteway and Pitchford and Webster and Fuller?

I just have a feeling we aren't gonna land this kid. I really like his game and he could help us a ton! But I just feel like he won't end up here.

But don't we always seem to start strongs on kids but can never close on them. Such as Cornish and Deng

after seeing the shit show of a twitter that Mr. Cornish owned im glad we didnt end up with him, Deng couldnt pass up Baylor and what they offered and i cant blame him, i mean they're putting players in the NBA last 5 years, and his skill set will mesh will with their current roster. end of the day i think AW3 is big red all the way. 

Or . . . you mean "always" have trouble "closing" on kids like Petteway and Pitchford and Webster and Fuller?

Yes. What gives? We can't ever close on the kids that don't come here.

So if a few kids that KU is after decide to go to a different school, does that mean they can't close on them either?  I understand what you are trying to say but you can't win every recruiting battle.  All we can do is keep trying and sooner or later, we'll land some top 150 kids.

Perhaps he means highly-rated players or when competing against high-level programs.

Perhaps he means highly-rated players or when competing against high-level programs.

We really have never been nationally relevant in BB. So I think it's comparing apples to oranges when comparing our ability to close top level players even against teams like Baylor and Iowa State, let alone against the storied programs like Duke, North Carolina, Kansas and Kentucky. While I'm just as anxious as everyone else to see us land our first top 100 or 50 recruit, I think Miles will get us there. I like to think that this coming year will go a long ways towards showing that last year wasn't a fluke and help us to start getting the type of talent that will  finally get us over the hump and into serious contention for Conference titles and actually getting multiple wins in March Madness. JMO.

To be fair, it does seem like Miles doesn't land many recruits who don't commit on the visit or right after.  I can't think of any recruit Miles has signed that took other visits after visiting us and still ended up signing with us.

Fuller, Hammond, Petteway, PItchford, Ayegba, Hawkins, and Leslee Smith all committed on or right after their visits.  Webster and Tarin Smith committed before visiting.

To be fair, it does seem like Miles doesn't land many recruits who don't commit on the visit or right after.  I can't think of any recruit Miles has signed that took other visits after visiting us and still ended up signing with us.

Fuller, Hammond, Petteway, PItchford, Ayegba, Hawkins, and Leslee Smith all committed on their visits.  Webster and Tarin Smith committed before visiting.

Exactly what I was thinking!