Andrew White III - Kansas Transfer

Reading that article from Rivals, I came away with a couple impressions:

1) What an incredibly mature kid.  Has a very reasonable thought process.  And it doesn't sound like he's the type that will be get caught up in the 'moment'.

2) The fact we are his first visit, per him, is a logistical issue...not necessarily a preference issue. He intends on taking multiple visits.  He's a thoughtful guy, I cannot imagine him committing to NU on the spot, even if he loves it.  I think his parents will encourage him to take multiple visits.  Fortunately, his parents are with him now on the way to Lincoln...so if we can sell them, we'll have a chance.

I didn't come away from that article thinking we are the leader.  We are just one of his choices.  And that's a good place to be...but we will need to appeal to him on a rational level.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=12960465

Posted: Yesterday 8:58 PM

Re: White III star_35.gif (2 votes)

Jayhawk4u wrote:

Former Kansas University basketball shooting guard Andrew White III will make an official recruiting visit to the University of Nebraska today and Friday, White reported Wednesday.

“I have not chosen any favorites or plan to decide before I visit a couple more schools,” White, a 6-foot-6 Richmond, Virginia, native said in an email to the Journal-World. “Just trying to keep control of any rumors at this point.”

White, who has two years of eligibility remaining, knows NU assistant Kenya Hunter, who recruited him in high school for Georgetown.

White has said he’d heard from coaches from Nebraska, Wake Forest, Maryland, Richmond, Notre Dame, Miami and Florida State. 

B1GERN wrote:

Wish him the best.
He'd KILL at Nebraska.

I like our chances even if he takes several other visits later.  Miles has proven he is very good at recruiting transfer players from major-conference schools (Petteway, Pitchford, Ayegba, Colton Iverson, Daniel Bejarano).  

I think it all comes down to whether he wants to be closer to home, if that's not a big factor then we will be hard to beat.

He came with his whole family (dad mom brother) so that could be an indication that he wants to be closer to home. Or it could mean nothing just wondering why his brother would want to fly out to nebraska. I also know that coach Hunter was showing him around. At least when I saw him.

He came with his whole family (dad mom brother) so that could be an indication that he wants to be closer to home. Or it could mean nothing just wondering why his brother would want to fly out to nebraska. I also know that coach Hunter was showing him around. At least when I saw him.

His brother apparently is getting some mid-high major looks as 2015 PG according to this article that also explains more on why Andrew decided to transfer from KU.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2014/may/10/andrew-whites-little-brother-draws-recruiting-inte/