Petteway offseason article

doc1394

I thought this excerpt was impressive/promising:

“He (Durant) played with us every day,” Petteway said. “The first day, I guarded him a little bit and he didn’t score on me."

In reading the article I took it to mean that Durant must have been holding back the first day because on the second day nobody could stop him. So in that context it's a little less impressive.

“He (Durant) played with us every day,” Petteway said. “The first day, I guarded him a little bit and he didn’t score on me."

In reading the article I took it to mean that Durant must have been holding back the first day because on the second day nobody could stop him. So in that context it's a little less impressive.

thats the way i took it, sorta like some of the camps with LBJ, make him look bad for half a day, and the rest of the week he's going 100% at you to make up for it. 

thats the way i took it, sorta like some of the camps with LBJ, make him look bad for half a day, and the rest of the week he's going 100% at you to make up for it. 

You know you are old when...Somebody refers to LBJ and you immediately realize this is the 36th president of the US. (Hey, Hey, LBJ...How many kids did you kill today?)

But then the dawning occurs. LBJ is now a basketball player...and a great one...but I can't change my mind's reaction...God, it's hell getting old!

Yes, I was going to make a snarky comment about President LBJ's basketball skills, and then realized that most of the posters would probably not make the connection. By the way, LBJ was the first candidate I ever voted for, and he repaid me by sending me a nice draft notice. Have a safe 4th everyone.

Nothing more than a gut feeling( or wishful thinking ) on my part, but I think he thinks he sticks around Lincoln 2 more years. I think he understands what he is a part of now and wants to see just how far the ride will go. The NBA will always be there, and imagine his draft stock if he's a 1st team All-American after his Senior year.

Have to respectfully disagree, Handy. If he stays injury free and has a great year, he is gone. He will get first round guaranteed money, and for a guy who will already have had 4 years of college, that is a no-brainer to take.

He'll have to improve quite a bit to be a first-round lock. Not saying he won't... But I've heard his draft board response was possible late second round. I would bet he stays four years.

Nothing more than a gut feeling( or wishful thinking ) on my part, but I think he thinks he sticks around Lincoln 2 more years. I think he understands what he is a part of now and wants to see just how far the ride will go. The NBA will always be there, and imagine his draft stock if he's a 1st team All-American after his Senior year.

Have to respectfully disagree, Handy. If he stays injury free and has a great year, he is gone. He will get first round guaranteed money, and for a guy who will already have had 4 years of college, that is a no-brainer to take.

He'll have to improve quite a bit to be a first-round lock. Not saying he won't... But I've heard his draft board response was possible late second round. I would bet he stays four years.

I'll take that action.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what this tweet is talking about?

adidas Nations

Correct. Terran and Shavon are college counselors there right now.  Keanu Pinder is also there as an international player.  The college guys work with the high school guys.  They also scrimmage each other as well as a scrimmage against the Adidas contracted NBA counselors in attendance.  I asked Robin if he could contact one of the guys thats a big time NBA scout that has been at the event the whole time and was tweeting about the games to get some thoughts on our guys.

Here is a report on the matter from NBC ("senior wing"?):

"Terran Petteway closes out a strong week

One of the camp’s most steady performers this week was Nebraska senior wing Terran Petteway. The reigning All-Big Ten selection consistently hit shots from the perimeter, attacked using shot fakes and also played very hard on both ends of the floor. As one of the more experienced guys in the event, the 6-foot-6 Petteway looked like an even more complete scoring threat than last season with the variety of ways he scored the ball this week in Long Beach. Petteway had minimal difficulty getting his own shot, and besides UCLA guard Norman Powell, might have helped his NBA stock more than any other player in attendance this week."

Here is a report on the matter from NBC ("senior wing"?):

"Terran Petteway closes out a strong week

One of the camp’s most steady performers this week was Nebraska senior wing Terran Petteway. The reigning All-Big Ten selection consistently hit shots from the perimeter, attacked using shot fakes and also played very hard on both ends of the floor. As one of the more experienced guys in the event, the 6-foot-6 Petteway looked like an even more complete scoring threat than last season with the variety of ways he scored the ball this week in Long Beach. Petteway had minimal difficulty getting his own shot, and besides UCLA guard Norman Powell, might have helped his NBA stock more than any other player in attendance this week."

I guess if he's a senior he has no choice but to go pro after this year!

I'll take that action.

Based on this report, I continue to like my chances on this bet vs. Nebrasketball10

One thing I found interesting in that article is how Terran mentioned that he was comfortable shooting the Adidas ball.  Does anyone know if there is a universally used ball in college basketball, or is it based on the home team?  I'm sure we practice with Adidas basketballs, but do we use Nike when we play MSU?  Just curious how this might affect some shooters.

One thing I found interesting in that article is how Terran mentioned that he was comfortable shooting the Adidas ball.  Does anyone know if there is a universally used ball in college basketball, or is it based on the home team?  I'm sure we practice with Adidas basketballs, but do we use Nike when we play MSU?  Just curious how this might affect some shooters.

It depends on the home team.  Adidas balls in PBA, Nike balls at Breslin, etc...

I am not going to pretend that the following is something wonderful, but it provides a one or two line overview of each of the players who attended the Adidas camp.  Enjoy...

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/a-breakdown-of-every-college-player-2014-adidas-nations-ucla-louisville-michigan-arizona-memphis/

• 4 weeks later...