Any truth to the Rumor

That Nebraska and PBA will be hosting a men's Regional Next. A co worker ask if I had heard that Lincoln would be hosting a men's regional this basketball season. He told me that his son who lives in Omaha had heard that Lincoln was hosting. I told him that I hadn't heard any thing so I'm turning to you guys for input.

That would be a False

March 17-18 Dayton First Four Dayton, Ohio UD Arena

March 19/21 Jacksonville 2nd/3rd Rounds Jacksonville, Fla. Veterans Memorial Arena

March 19/21 Louisville 2nd/3rd Rounds Louisville, Ky. KFC Yum! Center

March 19/21 Duquesne 2nd/3rd Rounds Pittsburgh Consol Energy Center

March 19/21 Oregon 2nd/3rd Rounds Portland, Ore. Rose Garden

March 20/22 UNC-Charlotte 2nd/3rd Rounds Charlotte, N.C. Time Warner Cable Arena

March 20/22 Ohio State 2nd/3rd Rounds Columbus, Ohio Nationwide Arena

March 20/22 Creighton 2nd/3rd Rounds Omaha, Neb. CenturyLink Center

March 20/22 Washington 2nd/3rd Rounds Seattle KeyArena

March 26/28 Cleveland State/Mid-American Conference Midwest Regional Cleveland Quicken Loans Arena March 26/28 Pepperdine West Regional Los Angeles Staples Center

March 27/29 Rice/Houston South Regional Houston, Texas Reliant Stadium

March 27/29 Syracuse East Regional Syracuse, N.Y. Carrier Dome

That would be a False

March 17-18 Dayton First Four Dayton, Ohio UD Arena

March 19/21 Jacksonville 2nd/3rd Rounds Jacksonville, Fla. Veterans Memorial Arena

March 19/21 Louisville 2nd/3rd Rounds Louisville, Ky. KFC Yum! Center

March 19/21 Duquesne 2nd/3rd Rounds Pittsburgh Consol Energy Center

March 19/21 Oregon 2nd/3rd Rounds Portland, Ore. Rose Garden

March 20/22 UNC-Charlotte 2nd/3rd Rounds Charlotte, N.C. Time Warner Cable Arena

March 20/22 Ohio State 2nd/3rd Rounds Columbus, Ohio Nationwide Arena

March 20/22 Creighton 2nd/3rd Rounds Omaha, Neb. CenturyLink Center

March 20/22 Washington 2nd/3rd Rounds Seattle KeyArena

March 26/28 Cleveland State/Mid-American Conference Midwest Regional Cleveland Quicken Loans Arena March 26/28 Pepperdine West Regional Los Angeles Staples Center

March 27/29 Rice/Houston South Regional Houston, Texas Reliant Stadium

March 27/29 Syracuse East Regional Syracuse, N.Y. Carrier Dome

Maybe he was talking about the regional in Omaha and I misunderstood him. Thanx Kamdyman.

Omaha isn't even hosting a regional, they have the 2nd/3rd round games.  It is extremely unlikely that either city would ever host a regional.

While technically this is true (the NCAA calls them "preliminary" rounds)...they're still commonly referred to as regionals.  The four sites that host 4th/5th rounds host what most refer to as the regional finals.  Everybody knows what Bugeaters was talking about.

But having that said, is Lincoln even able to host the men's tournament in any capacity?  I know that rules dictate a certain number of hotels within a certain radius of the arena, but I don't know if they're over that threshold.

Omaha isn't even hosting a regional, they have the 2nd/3rd round games.  It is extremely unlikely that either city would ever host a regional.

While technically this is true (the NCAA calls them "preliminary" rounds)...they're still commonly referred to as regionals.  The four sites that host 4th/5th rounds host what most refer to as the regional finals.  Everybody knows what Bugeaters was talking about.

But having that said, is Lincoln even able to host the men's tournament in any capacity?  I know that rules dictate a certain number of hotels within a certain radius of the arena, but I don't know if they're over that threshold.

It's going to take a lot more investment into LNK before we start hosting anything big like this.

I was told that the host city had to have so many Hotels with 24 hr service like restaurants etc.

Omaha isn't even hosting a regional, they have the 2nd/3rd round games. It is extremely unlikely that either city would ever host a regional.

While technically this is true (the NCAA calls them "preliminary" rounds)...they're still commonly referred to as regionals. The four sites that host 4th/5th rounds host what most refer to as the regional finals. Everybody knows what Bugeaters was talking about.

But having that said, is Lincoln even able to host the men's tournament in any capacity? I know that rules dictate a certain number of hotels within a certain radius of the arena, but I don't know if they're over that threshold.

I was told that the host city had to have so many Hotels with 24 hr service like restaurants etc.

And probably a certain number of hotels directly connected to the arena...

Omaha isn't even hosting a regional, they have the 2nd/3rd round games. It is extremely unlikely that either city would ever host a regional.

While technically this is true (the NCAA calls them "preliminary" rounds)...they're still commonly referred to as regionals. The four sites that host 4th/5th rounds host what most refer to as the regional finals. Everybody knows what Bugeaters was talking about.

But having that said, is Lincoln even able to host the men's tournament in any capacity? I know that rules dictate a certain number of hotels within a certain radius of the arena, but I don't know if they're over that threshold.

And probably a certain number of hotels directly connected to the arena...

This is not a requirement.

They clearly don't know the Nebraska hospitality. There's plenty of "hotels" and "24 hour service."

"Hey guys, welcome to Lincoln. Come and stay at our place. We'll give you free room & board and cook you a nice dinner."

They clearly don't know the Nebraska hospitality. There's plenty of "hotels" and "24 hour service."

"Hey guys, welcome to Lincoln. Come and stay at our place. We'll give you free room & board and cook you a nice dinner."

Hell we will even drive you around, and if your parents are in town they also have a place.:)