2015 F Jack McVeigh - Signed

If Terran goes pro, that would open up a scholarship.

I have my doubts about McVeigh.  Maybe it's because Tai was overhyped.  Remember Aleks was from Australia and he turned out pretty well.  I'm just not sure we need another wing right now.

There has been some good Aussie talent in the states.  And reading up on McVeigh he knows how to put the ball in the hoop.  If Terran goes pro it's to go overseas.  I don't see him getting drafted at this point. 

I have my doubts about McVeigh.  Maybe it's because Tai was overhyped.  Remember Aleks was from Australia and he turned out pretty well.  I'm just not sure we need another wing right now.

not sold on oceanian kids yet. hope he proves me wrong

Just because one single guy in Fran Frischilla pumped him doesnt mean every other player sucks down under.  Tai was rated a 3 star on two sites and no ranking on Rivals.  we've had multiple 3 star flames like Josiah Moore, Corey Hilliard, Nate Hawkins etc.

He's much better than Tai was at this point in his career.  He will be a solid player.  Like I noted months ago I feel he will be a Sam Dekker lite.

Petteway has actually been worse than last year overall, so I would be surprised if he left early. He is a late 2nd round pick at best right now.

I think it is more likely that Tai leaves than Petteway.

Fuller could leave depending how much playing time he gets the rest of the year.

Hammond might be a darkhorse to leave, but probably not.

We have Andrew White III coming in to shoot lights out for us next year.

WE NEED A BIG. 

I'm OK taking this kid.  He might benefit from a redshirt year where he can get used to the American style of ball. 

BUT WE NEED A BIG.

AND A BIGGER BIG THAN AKOY AGAU.

Think about it.  What are we missing right now on this team?   If you answered shooters and a low-post presence, you answered right. 

AWIII be that shooter.  Who is the low post presence? 

Because the two guys sitting out injured are both seniors.  So, they won't be here next year either.

If there is another spot to open up, please oh please bring in a big big.  And not Andre Almeida big but, y'know, a big who can actually play.

I think it is pretty telling how most of the replies here are about no room for Agau now instead of celebrating McVeigh. 

Miles has seemingly missed on Webster, Vucetic, and Pinder is a long ways away from coming here still, so I hope he hit on this International recruit. 

I think it is pretty telling how must of the replies here are about no room for Agau now instead of celebrating McVeigh. 

Miles has seemingly missed on Webster, Vucetic, and Pinder is a long ways away from coming here still, so I hope he hit on this International recruit. 

Well, that might be because we don't know a lot about him.

I saw his video and I'm satisfied that the kid can shoot.  Don't know whether he's good enough otherwise to see the floor, but I'll assume the coaches are comfortable with what he has the ability to do.

Still, we, the average fans, don't know much about him.  So, yeah, probably not a lot of talk about him.

I hate how we always start to kick kids to the curb if the next best thing comes along.

I know it is a message board and we need something to talk about, but I think we(some) were always fast and trying to get David and Benny out of here.

Things will play out as the year goes so we will be fine.

Just my pet peeve of this site, and only pet peeve of this site.

I hate how we always start to kick kids to the curb if the next best thing comes along.

I know it is a message board and we need something to talk about, but I think we(some) were always fast and trying to get David and Benny out of here.

Things will play out as the year goes so we will be fine.

Just my pet peeve of this site, and only pet peeve of this site.

Well, that and they don't serve a lot of beer here either.

not sold on oceanian kids yet. hope he proves me wrong

Just because one single guy in Fran Frischilla pumped him doesnt mean every other player sucks down under.  Tai was rated a 3 star on two sites and no ranking on Rivals.  we've had multiple 3 star flames like Josiah Moore, Corey Hilliard, Nate Hawkins etc.

He's much better than Tai was at this point in his career.  He will be a solid player.  Like I noted months ago I feel he will be a Sam Dekker lite.

Also, keep in mind the level of play in Australia is substantially better than New Zealand.

Does anyone remember the video I posted a couple of years ago of Tai playing in the New Zealand HS NATIONAL championship game?  Looked like a solid Class B team from Nebraska could go down and win the NZ National Title.

Tai was the best HS kid in NZ his senior year.  This kid is the best Australian kid this year.

I'm not hoping to kick Tai to the curb and I'm not hoping he leaves or that this kid replaces him.

This kid has committed here now and I want him to be good.  And if you think Tai is not good enough, I don't think Tai's example is a reason to think this kid won't be.

Seems that the signing of Jack McVeigh might push out Keanu Pinder next yr... (shrugs)