2015 F Jack McVeigh - Signed

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/nebraska/terran-petteway

Points, up from last year. Assists, up. Rebounds, up. Steals, up. Blocks, up. Everything is up from last year pretty much. FG% is down 0.6% from last year. 3ptFG% is up from last year. Everything is up, up, and up. And everybody acts like he's dropped off a ton from last year. I guess everyone is remembering Petteway from the magic carpet ride and only the clutch moments from last year. The scary thing is that Petteway hasn't had the game yet where he absolutely goes off this year. Just wait until that happens.

I'm not saying he's dropped off at all... But he hasn't raised his stock from where he was projected last year. People have acted like it's a high probability he'll go, but kids don't usually leave early to maybe be a late-second round pick.

I realize McVeigh had NBA aspirations, but I had no idea he was being projected as an NBA pick.  I'm concerned about this "not raising his stock" comment, though.  Does that mean he's not as good as what we thought he was?  Or what?

The status of Terran McVeigh is very much influx 

Did anyone ever answer my question about whether McVeigh's graduated from HS in Australia already or not?  I assume that, since this is summer for them, he'd be done, no?

I wish to heck there was some way to get him in a prep school for a semester and let him play against American competition, even just in practice.  He needs to learn the American game and the sooner the better.

I believe he is going to their national academy to play on the countries' under 19 team as captain...that should get him better competition. Then he is coming here for summer school in early June. He will be workin' it!

He's going to be competing in the U19 championships this summer for Australia...the same thing McBuckets competed in after his freshman year of college

Did anyone ever answer my question about whether McVeigh's graduated from HS in Australia already or not?  I assume that, since this is summer for them, he'd be done, no?

I wish to heck there was some way to get him in a prep school for a semester and let him play against American competition, even just in practice.  He needs to learn the American game and the sooner the better.

I believe he is going to their national academy to play on the countries' under 19 team as captain...that should get him better competition. Then he is coming here for summer school in early June. He will be workin' it!

He's going to be competing in the U19 championships this summer for Australia...the same thing McBuckets competed in after his freshman year of college

Sounds like he'd be perfect for Creighton's system.  cough cough cough

What are his stats from this and last year?

I think he is doing more than we think, maybe I am wrong.

2014-2015: 34.5 MPG, 18.9 PPG, 42.0 FG%, 34.3 3FG%, 67.3 FT%, 2.8 APG, 5.4 RPG, 1.3 BPG, 1.2 SPG, 3.7 TOPG

2013-2014: 31.7 MPG, 18.1 PPG, 42.6 FG%, 32.7 3FG%, 81.9 FT%, 1.6 APG, 4.8 RPG, 0.8 BPG, 0.9 SPG, 2.8 TOPG

thanks for the info. He seems to be doing alright so don't see where that will cause him to not be looked at.

I didn't know Dougie was Australian?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 1 month later...

Here is the McVeigh info from the article linked above:

Jack McVeigh | Queensland

After losing out in last year’s U20’s Championship game, Jack McVeigh and his Queensland squad will be entering this tournament looking to avenge that loss. McVeigh was extremely dominant in last year’s U20’s Australian Junior Championship, averaging 27.5 ppg, 9.3 rpg while shooting 55% from the field. The Nebraska commit was a member of the Boomers squad for last year’s Sino-Australia Challenge so look for him to bring some veteran leadership to his Queensland squad.

I know there are some that think this kid may redshirt.  I personally think not.  He will be coming in as a mature young man, he is a scorer, and he has played on the big stage.  Many of the top Australian players who come to the states play immediately and become contributor.  I think that will be the case here as well.

I know there are some that think this kid may redshirt.  I personally think not.  He will be coming in as a mature young man, he is a scorer, and he has played on the big stage.  Many of the top Australian players who come to the states play immediately and become contributor.  I think that will be the case here as well.

Agree completely, CWG.

You can go back and literally quote me on this because I think its on here a couple times but I think he our version of a Sam Dekker lite.  I dont see him making the same splash Sam to start out did but feel he has the potential to be a very similar player by the end of his career.

NIce numbers in his first two games.

I think the problem is, if you look at the stat sheets for both games, he is NOT shooting any better than anyone on our present team; either from inside the arc or outside it.  Now, I think he can help with his ability to hit the boards but not sure he is any better scorer (based on these 2 games only which is the only full stat sheets I have seen) that those we currently have.

I think the problem is, if you look at the stat sheets for both games, he is NOT shooting any better than anyone on our present team; either from inside the arc or outside it.  Now, I think he can help with his ability to hit the boards but not sure he is any better scorer (based on these 2 games only which is the only full stat sheets I have seen) that those we currently have.

The way I look at it is when you're "the guy" a team is focusing on sometimes its hard to get good looks.  Terran for example when he gets open can get his shots all day but when a team locks down on him his numbers go down.  Now when you get a team of several scoring talents and can space the floor you start to open up looks and improve your scoring.  I will assume his numbers would look much better pct wise if he had some solid running mates to take off the pressure on him.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=197825047&client=1-4101-52353-336380-21752003

2-11 from 3. Looks like he's playing nebrasketball already

• 1 month later...