Tai's summer

GATA

I think we will see a lot more of Tai driving into the lane like we saw in spurts last year. Would be huge to have a third threat to take guys off the dribble. With Walt and hopefully another shooter outside, we could be extremely tough to defend

I hope Walt takes his man off the dribble a couple times a game, too.

I think we will see a lot more of Tai driving into the lane like we saw in spurts last year. Would be huge to have a third threat to take guys off the dribble. With Walt and hopefully another shooter outside, we could be extremely tough to defend

Not if he's still our only outside shooter close to 40%. :(

Fuller.

Fuller.[/quote

Walt will get more open looks if he's a threat to take his defender off the dribble.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/10254233/Tai-Wynyard-makes-the-Tall-Blacks-cut

"What we have identified is we are maybe a little thin in the guard line. Tai [Webster] boosts our stocks in that regard when he arrives on Monday. He was with us a couple of years ago and has enjoyed a good season with Nebraska [university] and we are hoping that he comes back in good shape and good form and is able to slot in quickly."

Seems like a very good chance that Tai not only makes the roster, but sees significant playing time

That article confused the hell out of me at first. What, did Tai change his last name? He looks a little younger than I remember from the last instagram pic that was posted.

Maybe we ought to get in on the other Tai. He's the son of a world champion woodchopper for pete's sake.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/10254233/Tai-Wynyard-makes-the-Tall-Blacks-cut

"What we have identified is we are maybe a little thin in the guard line. Tai [Webster] boosts our stocks in that regard when he arrives on Monday. He was with us a couple of years ago and has enjoyed a good season with Nebraska [university] and we are hoping that he comes back in good shape and good form and is able to slot in quickly."

Seems like a very good chance that Tai not only makes the roster, but sees significant playing time

Yeah that team will not be very good from what I can tell.  Several of their countries best wont even be playing.

Yeah that team will not be very good from what I can tell.  Several of their countries best wont even be playing.

It will definitely hurt not having Adams.  

Not sure how good the suspended players are.

Looks like Loe will be back for the actual games.

They are rated 19th in the world according to FIBA at the moment

It will definitely hurt not having Adams.  

Not sure how good the suspended players are.

Looks like Loe will be back for the actual games.

They are rated 19th in the world according to FIBA at the moment

Ruben Te Rangi is a pretty good player and would have been a starter or 6th man for them.

Fuller.[/quote

Walt will get more open looks if he's a threat to take his defender off the dribble.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tai play for the national team next week, will be interesting to see how he has developed since the tourney. 

The New Zealand team will be reasonably solid (for a NZ team), there are only a couple players missing from the squad, one being Steven Adams and another being Rueben Te Rangi who would be a pretty good college player but is in trouble with the law at the moment. The squad of 17 has several young guys in there for development (including incoming freshman at New Mexico and Virginia). There is also a 16 year old kid on the team who I believe is in the class of 2016, he is 6'9 and being recruited by some high level colleges already.

South Korea aren't a great team and New Zealand should beat them pretty convincingly. Tai will likely be the 2nd or 3rd guard of the bench, but will still get solid minutes.

Happy to have something to contribute again, will let you know how Tai plays.

Just out of curiosity, do you know when the Tall Blacks qualified for the tournament?

Also, if you see anything about an internet stream, please post here.

Keep us posted!

Just out of curiosity, do you know when the Tall Blacks qualified for the tournament?

Also, if you see anything about an internet stream, please post here.

Keep us posted!

Tall Blacks qualified for the World Cup automatically since the Oceania region gets 2 automatic qualifying spots and Australia and New Zealand are the only 2 teams that apply. Technically all New Zealand had to do was show up last year and play Australia twice in the FIBA Oceania series.

There is a good chance there will be an internet stream somewhere given Korea is playing, will post it here if I see one.

Webster went 2-3 from 3 point range and played 23 minutes.

The Tall Blacks defeated S. Korea 89-81 and have one more exhibition against them

It would be surprising if he doesn't make the squad.

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/45490/12/23/30/10zIet8WXXCXQ/

They just released the team and he made the final cut.