Tai's summer

GATA

NZ beat Turkey today 73-61.

Tai Webster, a rising sophomore guard for Nebraska, finished with eight points, seven boards and three assists for the Kiwis.

Actually, appears they beat Ukraine.  Which, poor Ukraine, I have to think the Russians are behind this.

Yeah, my bad. The picture in the article I copied-and-pasted from had a picture of a Turkish player.

NZ beat Turkey today 73-61.

Tai Webster, a rising sophomore guard for Nebraska, finished with eight points, seven boards and three assists for the Kiwis.

Actually, appears they beat Ukraine.  Which, poor Ukraine, I have to think the Russians are behind this.

UKRAINE IS WEAK... IT'S FEEBLE! ;)

Tai played great vs Ukraine. He rebounded really well and got to the hoop several times but just needs to improve on his finishing. He even posted up former NBA player Pooh Jeter in the 1st Quarter and scored.

Still makes the occasionally bad decision with a shot or a pass, but he is getting better and is obviously playing against some pretty good players.

Tai played great vs Ukraine. He rebounded really well and got to the hoop several times but just needs to improve on his finishing. He even posted up former NBA player Pooh Jeter in the 1st Quarter and scored.

Still makes the occasionally bad decision with a shot or a pass, but he is getting better and is obviously playing against some pretty good players.

Pooh Jeter is Ukrainian?

"Pooh" is probably a nickname.  Maybe his first name is really Vladislav.

Pooh Jeter is Ukrainian?

Those countries can get players that have lived there playing professionally a dual citizenship type deal to play with the national team but only get an exemption for one player I believe.  His naturalized name is: Yudzhin Dzheter

Pooh Jeter is Ukrainian?

Those countries can get players that have lived there playing professionally a dual citizenship type deal to play with the national team but only get an exemption for one player I believe.  His naturalized name is: Yudzhin Dzheter

Yeah, I was just kidding.

My other option was "You mean the Ukrainians have a basketball player named Pooh Jeter, too?  What are the odds?"

That Kansas recruit has put up 4 points and 2 rebounds in 3 games for the Ukraine. He didn't leave the bench against the DR

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/Sviatoslav-MYKHAILIUK

This is the kid who's commitment to KU presumably drove AWIII to transfer and, ultimately, on to our team, no?

Yep, pretty much... thank you, KU! :D

That Kansas recruit has put up 4 points and 2 rebounds in 3 games for the Ukraine. He didn't leave the bench against the DR

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/Sviatoslav-MYKHAILIUK

This is the kid who's commitment to KU presumably drove AWIII to transfer and, ultimately, on to our team, no?

I'd say a more involved Wayne Selden and 5 star Rashad Vaughn play a bigger role in the reason he would transfer in the short term than losing time to Svi.

Yeah for the kid from the Ukraine!!!

We are very happy you are going to KU, very happy indeed.

Wouldn't that be something if he bombed and AWIII, took over the world. :)

Or, as they say in Mother Russia ...

Yay! Ukraine is kid, we very happy.  He KU is going.  We bomb something and take over de world.

So in other words you're saying they speak "Ice Dragon" ;)