D'Jery Baptiste 2015 C -> Vandy -> UMass

My in-laws have a 100-year old family cabin near the Southernmost point on the Appalachain Trail.  It's deep in the Chattahoochee National Forest, and is surrounded by 100+ ft tall hemlock trees.  There is a very real concern that in a short amount of time, the entire hemlock population will be wiped out by kudzu.  It's mind-boggling to to see a forest so thick that you literally "can't see it through the trees" and know that a decade from now it could be decimated by an invasive vine.  Kudzu is nasty, nasty stuff.

I was just looking at our "known" offer list per Rivals and 247 earlier tonight.  The only guys, per Rivals, that we have offered and we are still theoretically in play for at this point are Morrow, Baptiste and Kipper Nichols.  As recently as August 13th Nichols indicated that NU was one of the places he was trying to schedule a visit to.  He is a 6-6 SF and his game is different than Morrow's, so I don't know if he's a contingency plan if Morrow goes elsewhere. 

I'm in agreement with everybody else that we need a big.  I do think Morrow will play much taller than his height due to his length and ability, but I would much prefer we could pair him with a naturally bigger person inside and let him be a 4.  Personally, the thought of him and a guy like Baptiste roaming inside swatting shots and dunking everything within 10 feet makes me giggle uncontrollably. 

Are there ANY other bigs we've been looking at that we are still in on?  I haven't seen anything.

I would also note that if we do have Morrow locked up, Miles & co. would then be free to full-court press on a single guy for the next 6+ months.  Considering how Miles is completely fearless, would it surprise anybody if he started chasing some high-major 4/5-star guy?  Should be fun.

Something else to consider is that while I'm Miles would prefer to land a freshman big, if we have another great season it should be a lot easier to attract transfers. With all the incoming talent, the intimidating atmosphere at the Vault that helps with home court advantage, facilities and everything else we have going for us, we should be a very attractive destination to transfers and the 5th year graduate transfers.

Are there ANY other bigs we've been looking at that we are still in on? I haven't seen anything.

Must have missed, and not sure how you could based on his size, the offer and thread for juco big man Brandon Walters. He's 6'10" 300 basically.

I even commented in his thread...had just completely forgotten about him...thanks for the reminder!