2015 PF Michael Jacobson - Signed

He continues his excellent play:

Waukee 74,

Southeast Polk 48

WAUKEE, Ia. – Michael Jacobson had an impressive double-double of 26 points and 12 rebounds for Waukee. Anthony Nelson had 18 points to go with eight boards.

Trevor Allen had seven assists for the Warriors, and junior Michael Winger had four 3-pointers in the second quarter.

Caleb Pavon led Southeast Polk with 14 points.

SOUTHEAST POLK (48)—Shannon 5, Spencer 8, Pavon 14, T. Evans 2, VanKooten 8, Northway 6, C. Henderson 3, Christiansen 2. Also played—M. Evans, Cole, Henry, N. Henderson, Rosenboom, Cole. Totals 16 8-12.

WAUKEE (74)—Winger 12, Johnson 5, Jacobson 26, Howe 6, Nelson 18, Rose 3, Priest 4. Also played— Longnecker, Powell, Mardis, Stotts, Penn, Allen, Rau, Wessels. Totals 28 8-11.

Southeast Polk8 7 15 18—48

Waukee19 18 24 13—74

3-point goals—Southeast Polk 8 (Shannon 1, Spencer 1, Pavon 3, VanKooten 2, C. Henderson 1), Waukee 10 (Winger 4, Johnson 1, Jacobson 2, Howe 2, Rose 1). Fouls—Southeast Polk 9, Waukee 13.

Fun to read stuff like this:

Who has been the toughest player for you to defend this season?

Michael Jacobson (of Waukee) has the been the toughest player for our team to defend. He is really strong and has a good game inside and outside. It is also hard to keep him off the glass.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/community/2015/02/17/prep-week-urbandale-jaran-sabus/23358767/

I am unsure how much weight this comment has, but it is still worthy of a mention...it is from Derek Jones, the Des Moines Register's Iowa prep player of the week.  If you note above, this is the second prep player of the week that shared a similar view...

With a win, your team would then play a semifinal game on Friday at Waukee, where you dropped a 68-42 decision last month. Are the Warriors the best team that you played this season?

Waukee is one of the best teams we’ve played. They have size and can shoot the ball well.

Who has been the toughest player for you to defend this year?

I would say Michael Jacobson (of Waukee). He has very good size and is a good all-around player.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/community/2015/02/24/prep-week-johnston-derek-jones/23750629/

• 2 weeks later...

His season is now over...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/03/11/waukee-north-scott-iowa-high-school-state-boys-class-state-tournament/70177090/

Senior forward Michael Jacobson was Waukee's lone offensive option through most of three quarters and scored 19 points before fouling out with 3:27 left in the game. The Nebraska recruit scored 17 of his team's first 22 points and kept the Warriors within reach of their comeback.

North Dakota and Creighton commits Cortez Seales and Marlon Stewart combined to score 43 points for the Lancers.

• 1 month later...

Not basketball related BUT, it should tell us that Mr. Jacobson is not a slouch in the classroom...

Waukee High

Kyle Boulanger, Michael Jacobson, Anthony Nelson and Nathan Keck from the Waukee CAPS Exploration of Health Sciences and Medicine class won the STEM Challenge as part of the Iowa Wild STEM Night on April 10.

The Waukee CAPS Medical program received a $1,000 donation on behalf of the Iowa Wild and Des Moines University during the Iowa Wild game that night.

Science classes and groups from around the state developed projects that measured the critical force of a hit to a hockey helmet and presented why this knowledge is important and how it can be applied to improve hockey safety at any level. The goal was to gain and demonstrate knowledge about the long-term health effects of repeated blows to an athlete’s head/helmet in contact sports and present possible ways to reduce injuries.

Waukee High School (WHS) junior Ian Coon was named the recipient of Regiser Media’s 2015 Iowa Quasar Award on April 9. The ceremony was held at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Gardens in Des Moines. Dowling senior Kathleen Foley and Bergman Academy seventh-grader Fez Zafar were also finalists.

• 2 months later...

Lee Barfknecht has an article on Michael Jacobson in today's Omaha World Herald.  You'll want to read the entire article.

Here are a couple blurbs:

Michael credited his father with sparking his basketball interest.  “My dad has always been there and taught me basketball and taught me to love the game,” Michael said. “We’ve always played one-on-one, but he’s getting a little old now.” 

[i'll bet Dad loved that "old" line--not.]

Nebraska assistant Kenya Hunter said Jacobson has shown well in early workouts.  “Mike has a chance to be pretty good,” Hunter said. “He’s one of our best inside guys in terms of mobility and understanding how to play. I like our team in general. The ball is moving.” 

[What's the definition of, "The ball is moving"? It sounds good.]

Lee Barfknecht has an article on Michael Jacobson in today's Omaha World Herald.  You'll want to read the entire article.

Michael credited his father with sparking his basketball interest.  “My dad has always been there and taught me basketball and taught me to love the game,” Michael said. “We’ve always played one-on-one, but he’s getting a little old now.” 

Nebraska assistant Kenya Hunter said Jacobson has shown well in early workouts.  “Mike has a chance to be pretty good,” Hunter said. “He’s one of our best inside guys in terms of mobility and understanding how to play. I like our team in general. The ball is moving.” 

As long as it is NOT the same as Solich's "they're moving around well out there".

Good to see the largely unheralded Coach Kenya Hunter getting some press mention too! nod.gif

• 10 months later...

Dimes, are you quoting the guy who pretended to be an Omaha Central fan and adopted sort of a ghetto affect to make it seem like he might have been from some inner-city high school when, instead, he was a person who perhaps has two degrees from Creighton?  Or at least had claimed such at one point in time?  That guy?

That guy is a douche.  Doubly so.

Dimes, are you quoting the guy who pretended to be an Omaha Central fan and adopted sort of a ghetto affect to make it seem like he might have been from some inner-city high school when, instead, he was a person who perhaps has two degrees from Creighton?  Or at least had claimed such at one point in time?  That guy?

That guy is a douche.  Doubly so.

Dat dood new hiz hoops doe.

wink_medium.gif

This guy is pretty much the definition of Creighton basketball and why they are so easy to hate.

Speaking of Grant Gibbs...I saw Jeter and JD put a hurting on him yesterday. 

Holy crap you're right

Well I am just amazed that a 55 year old guy could still be playing.  Because wasn't Gibbs like a 49 year old senior.