2015 PF Michael Jacobson - Signed

Well I guess this answers some questions about how well we are going to recruit the 2015 class.  Hard to get too excited about this.  I thought we left the Collier, Sadler recruiting world behind?

No way he is a starting Big Ten player for the upper division.  He is committed to Iowa/Iowa St right now if he were good enough.

I don't get this at all unless we think were gonna whiff on some other "guys we're in on".  AJW3, Morrow, et al seem like entertaining stories until they sign somewhere else.

Don't we have like 5 spots open next year? Why do people assume we can't still get some of the other guys? Unless my math is just GOD awful I still think we have 4 openings left.

If Miles and staff see something they like in this guy, then that is all I need to know. Some of you are the same people that were writing off Petteway 2 weeks into the season last year.

Not saying Jacobson will end to be the same caliber of player, but I'm just saying there was recently another 6'8" 220 lb coach's son from Iowa without any big offers who turned out to be pretty good....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/undervalued-in-high-school-doug-mcdermott-is-now-thriving?urn=ncaab,wp6693

Let's reserve judgement please.

Not saying Jacobson will end to be the same caliber of player, but I'm just saying there was recently another 6'8" 220 lb coach's son from Iowa without any big offers who turned out to be pretty good....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/undervalued-in-high-school-doug-mcdermott-is-now-thriving?urn=ncaab,wp6693

Let's reserve judgement please.

To be fair Doug was playing second fiddle to the nations best high school player. He was overshadowed big time. If he plays on another team it's possible he stands out more and it's a different story.

Don't we have like 5 spots open next year? Why do people assume we can't still get some of the other guys? Unless my math is just GOD awful I still think we have 4 openings left.

If Miles and staff see something they like in this guy, then that is all I need to know. Some of you are the same people that were writing off Petteway 2 weeks into the season last year.

I am OK with the signing and I don't have a perfect memory but I don't think anyone was writing off Petteway. There were legitimate questions raised about things such as shot selection which pretty much everyone involved including Petteway acknowledged. Solving such major issues as team chemistry is one of the many reasons I feel Miles has proven his judgement can be trusted.  So I hope for the best with the signing and try to stay grounded in reality.