2016 PG Eron Gordon -> Seton Hall

trickey

We offered him in the spring of 2012, didn't we? Shortly after Miles arrived? I think I remember it being a Harriman thing where the Eric Gordon All-Stars were planning a visit. Back when we were bringing in large groups to show off the practice facility. But now I'm kinda remembering that the trip might've fallen through or was rescheduled or something. I'll do some digging. I still think we offered him very early on.

We offered him in the spring of 2012, didn't we? Shortly after Miles arrived? I think I remember it being a Harriman thing where the Eric Gordon All-Stars were planning a visit. Back when we were bringing in large groups to show off the practice facility. But now I'm kinda remembering that the trip might've fallen through or was rescheduled or something. I'll do some digging. I still think we offered him very early on.

I think you are recalling this thread that mentions Eron Gordon

http://board.huskerhoopscentral.com/topic/289-3rd-times-a-charm-form-eric-gordon-all-stars-for-michigan-game-weekend/?hl=%2Beric+%2Bgordon

I think you are recalling this thread that mentions Eron Gordon

http://board.huskerhoopscentral.com/topic/289-3rd-times-a-charm-form-eric-gordon-all-stars-for-michigan-game-weekend/?hl=%2Beric+%2Bgordon

Yes, the Eric Gordon All-Stars is the team that all of those guys play for. Eric Gordon of the NBA and name sponsor of that AAU program. Little brother Eron plays on that team. I knew we were involved early on, just couldn't remember if we got him here or offered him right away or what.

Oh yeah, me want. And are those adidas shoes he's wearing?

Remember Eric went to Indiana which is Adidas. Adidas then is the NBA outfitter. He has a contract with them and they outfit his AAU team because of it. So it makes sense gordon has an affiliation to Adidas.

So ... we have an advantage over Nike schools, then.  Just sayin'.  ;)

But he was wearing ASU shorts Norm!

What I liked the best in all those drills was that he was doing them with traveling or "cheating" in any way.

Often see guys do drills and cheat and then can't figure it out when it comes to game time.

His other brother Evan went to ASU before transferring to IU last year.

If Crean cannot get the youngest Gordon those fans will go crazy. 

• 1 year later...

We're among a large group of finalists...

Shooting guard Eron Gordon is one of the better perimeter scorers in the Midwest in the Class of 2016 and Gordon will announce his college decision on Saturday.

The younger brother of Eric and Evan Gordon, the native of Indianapolis will announce at 12 p.m. EST at the Jewish Community Center. A 6-foot-3 guard, Gordon will choose between Arizona State, Auburn, Butler, Indiana, LSU, Nebraska, Nevada, Notre Dame, Purdue and Xavier, according to his Facebook post.

http://collegebasketballtalk.com

The younger brother of Eric and Evan Gordon, the native of Indianapolis will announce at 12 p.m. EST at the Jewish Community Center. A 6-foot-3 guard, Gordon will choose between Arizona State, Auburn, Butler, Indiana, LSU, Nebraska, Nevada, Notre Dame, Purdue and Xavier, according to his Facebook post.

Does anyone else feel a little rivalry when they see ASU show up on a guy?

Does anyone else feel a little rivalry when they see ASU show up on a guy?

...and Auburn, and LSU, and Notre Dame...

• 8 months later...

Info on Eron:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/butler/butler-insider/2016/03/03/butler-looking-gordon-ohio-wing/81292976/

Gordon averaged about 19 points a game for Cathedral (17-6).

His season ended Tuesday in Cathedral’s 58-54 sectional loss to North Central, the school where he began. Holtmann and assistant Michael Lewis were there to watch him and North Central’s Kris Wilkes, who is ranked 12th by Rivals in the 2017 class.

Gordon was inside Hinkle Fieldhouse on Wednesday to watch Butler’s 85-78 victory over Seton Hall.

He has at various times been pursued by Arizona State, Auburn, Memphis, LSU and Seton Hall, as well as Indiana, Purdue and Butler. He is ranked 107th by Rivals in the 2016 class.