Benching Almeida

b section

Kent St. had NOBODY to match up with El Grande' inside, yet he put up a whopping 2 shots. Who would win a 1 on 1 match-up between Andre and Christopher Niemann? Think about it, but don't let your head explode...

In basketball? I think Big Andre' beats him. Mostly because Niemann, up to this point, has beat him in the knee surgery contest.

To be fair, the OP was hinting that the reason we lost to Kent State was because Almeida was benched (the move being equated - rather erroneously IMO - to similar seemingly irrational in game moves by Doc Sadler). It was not that the OP was suggesting Almeida needed to ride the pine more and play less.

At any event it was a poorly thought out and completely useless topic of discussion, much less warranting an entirely new thread.

Clearly it was an attempt to troll the board and establish the OP as somehow "in the know" about what constitutes good and bad coaching. I am afraid that criticism of Coach Miles, especially this season, is simply not warranted, if not just flat-out wrong, and this user deserves every bit of negative reputation he (or she as the case may be) receives in this or any other thread in which he (or she) continues to spout off on a topic he (or she) is clearly not capable of discussing in anything even remotely resembling an informed manner.

...to be continued in the next 2 weeks, unfortunately.

Actually, 49r, I think the OP was hinting that Coach Miles was playing mind games with Andre like a certain banned former poster used to complain about Doc playing games with Christian Standhardinger. I've quoted the first half of the OP below and highlighted the pertinent portions. The "Miles clearly has other motives" comment most of all. But, ultimately, I think you're right: His purpose was trolling. Clearly.

Eerily familiar to some of the treatment of coach Sadler and some of our better players. Does the name Christian Standhardinger ring any bells?

Clearly Rivers does not give us a better chance to beat Kent State then Almeida does, anyone who thinks otherwise can just replay the game last night. Miles clearly has other motives in this case, we saw this with Sadler and it unfortunately doesn't lead to much winning.

Kent St. had NOBODY to match up with El Grande' inside, yet he put up a whopping 2 shots. Who would win a 1 on 1 match-up between Andre and Christopher Niemann? Think about it, but don't let your head explode...

By the way...Andre is from Brazil...which speaks Portuguese not Spanish...so Andre is not El Grande, he would be O Grande... ;)

KZ, let me run a theory by you.

Narcissistic Kid. Was always told by his parents how special he is, always got ribbons for participating, etc. Gets to HS and thinks he knows more about the game than his coach. Doesn't respond well to coaching. Doesn't respond well to being told what to do. ("How DARE that guy presume to tell me how I ought to play the game!") Thinks -- no, KNOWS -- he's smarter than everyone else. HS coach attempts to address the "attitude problem" by benching said Narcissistic Kid. Which doesn't go well and only results in greater resentment by Narcissistic Kid. And further "attitude problems." And a non-amicable parting of ways.

Narcissistic Kid grows up. Finds a computer. Still has a deep-seated belief that he knows more than coaches know about how to manage talent. Feels contempt for the kind of "benching" that his own superior self was subjected to by one of those coach people. Thinks if he'd been a coach, he'd have shown them all how it's done. How you manage extremely gifted players like what he (thinks he) was. Narcissistic Kid (in adult form) logs onto HHC so that he can explain to the unwashed masses how a college coach should do his job.

Of course, Narcissistic Kid is smart enough to realize that people won't take the word of some non-expert in the field. So, Narcissistic Kid has to concoct some cover story about his background, expertise and SUCCESS!!! in the sport. Too narcissistic to realize the cover story is woefully inadequate even if it is believed. Which it isn't. Narcissistic Kid roles through a number of on-line personas and screen names because he Just. Can't. Let. It. Go.

I mean, it was one thing for Narcissistic Kid to attack Doc. Lots of people were critical of Doc. But to now raise the same basic criticism of Coach Miles within just a couple of weeks of him starting his tenure here suggests to me that someone doesn't like coaches who think they can effectively deal with talented players by having them ride the pine. (And, ooooh, I bet Narcissistic Kid HATES that phrase -- "ride the pine.")

So, what thinkest thou of my little amateur theory?

KZ, let me run a theory by you.

Narcissistic Kid. Was always told by his parents how special he is, always got ribbons for participating, etc. Gets to HS and thinks he knows more about the game than his coach. Doesn't respond well to coaching. Doesn't respond well to being told what to do. ("How DARE that guy presume to tell me how I ought to play the game!") Thinks -- no, KNOWS -- he's smarter than everyone else. HS coach attempts to address the "attitude problem" by benching said Narcissistic Kid. Which doesn't go well and only results in greater resentment by Narcissistic Kid. And further "attitude problems." And a non-amicable parting of ways.

Narcissistic Kid grows up. Finds a computer. Still has a deep-seated belief that he knows more than coaches know about how to manage talent. Feels contempt for the kind of "benching" that his own superior self was subjected to by one of those coach people. Thinks if he'd been a coach, he'd have shown them all how it's done. How you manage extremely gifted players like what he (thinks he) was. Narcissistic Kid (in adult form) logs onto HHC so that he can explain to the unwashed masses how a college coach should do his job.

Of course, Narcissistic Kid is smart enough to realize that people won't take the word of some non-expert in the field. So, Narcissistic Kid has to concoct some cover story about his background, expertise and SUCCESS!!! in the sport. Too narcissistic to realize the cover story is woefully inadequate even if it is believed. Which it isn't. Narcissistic Kid roles through a number of on-line personas and screen names because he Just. Can't. Let. It. Go.

I mean, it was one thing for Narcissistic Kid to attack Doc. Lots of people were critical of Doc. But to now raise the same basic criticism of Coach Miles within just a couple of weeks of him starting his tenure here suggests to me that someone doesn't like coaches who think they can effectively deal with talented players by having them ride the pine. (And, ooooh, I bet Narcissistic Kid HATES that phrase -- "ride the pine.")

So, what thinkest thou of my little amateur theory?

I think Shakespeare was right when he said brevity is the soul of wit. ;)

:)

Knock, knock ...

How many narcissists does it take to change a light bulb? One. He holds the bulb while the world revolves around him.

A narcissist is someone who after taking the trash out, gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house

What do a narcissist and a sperm have in common? Both have about a one in 3 million chance of becoming a human being

b0222.gif