Benching Almeida

b section

Eerily familiar to some of the treatment of coach Sadler and some of our better players. Does the name Christian Standhardinger ring any bells?

Clearly Rivers does not give us a better chance to beat Kent State then Almeida does, anyone who thinks otherwise can just replay the game last night. Miles clearly has other motives in this case, we saw this with Sadler and it unfortunately doesn't lead to much winning.

Gonna be a long year, only way we undo what happened last night is to take this state back with a win over Creighton.

Let's turn this around and give us fans something to chear for. Let's do some meaningful winning for once in a while.

Was anybody, at the game last night? I was, and what I witnessed was a lazy, uninterested Almeida. He should have been able to have his way with that undersized Kent State team. Instead, he decided not to move, try to get open or play help defence. I would have benched his a** as well. I like Almeida, and think he can help this team. But last nights performance was unacceptable.

Andre has been given the gift of being 6'11 and having decent basketball skill. All he had to do was get in good shape, and he could of greatly contributed and probably played professional ball in some capacity. It would be interesting to know what his diet is every day. I wonder if he truly has tried to eat healthy and get in shape. Andre has great dedication to Nebraska, but I have to wonder how much he actually cares about basketball. It is very rare for a player to be consistently effective that is over 300lbs.