2015 PG Glynn Watson - Signed

hhcmatt

Hes had a great start in his first two games

Nebraska commit Glynn Watson (21 pts, 9 ast, 8 reb, 5 stl), Northwestern commit Jordan Ash (21 pts, 7 reb) both w/ big games for St. Joseph.

St. Joes wins big over East Aurora 83-37. Glynn Watson 24 pts. Jordan Ash 15. Nick Rakocevic 23 pts 10 reb 3 blk. @PrepHoopsIL

• 1 month later...

Take this for what its worth, but somebody inside the program said that Glynn Watson is the REAL deal and will start for NU when he gets here.  This came from an actual player (on the roster) now that said when he was on his visit he was one of the best players on the court.  

So that was great news to hear!  

That's awesome, but we need a big to go along with him.  And I'm not talking "big" like Ed Morrow big.  I'm talking "big" like 6'10" and 250# big.  And athletic. 

Take this for what its worth, but somebody inside the program said that Glynn Watson is the REAL deal and will start for NU when he gets here.  This came from an actual player (on the roster) now that said when he was on his visit he was one of the best players on the court.  

That's awesome, but we need a big to go along with him.  And I'm not talking "big" like Ed Morrow big.  I'm talking "big" like 6'10" and 250# big.  And athletic. 

Norm, I'm with ya.  I was just pointing out that I heard EXTREMELY high praise about Watson from a player on the NU roster which was good to hear.

I still think Miles system doesn't need an offensive minded big man.  They need a big that will rebound, post defend, set ball screen and actually score on the block or at least be a threat that may cause teams to double down.  Morrow isn't huge by any means, but he may be that back to the basket guy that we so badly need right now.  It's why losing Leslee this year has hurt so bad.  He was at least a THREAT to score on the block which opens up driving/slashing lanes.

Norm, I'm with ya.  I was just pointing out that I heard EXTREMELY high praise about Watson from a player on the NU roster which was good to hear.

I still think Miles system doesn't need an offensive minded big man.  They need a big that will rebound, post defend, set ball screen and actually score on the block or at least be a threat that may cause teams to double down.  Morrow isn't huge by any means, but he may be that back to the basket guy that we so badly need right now.  It's why losing Leslee this year has hurt so bad.  He was at least a THREAT to score on the block which opens up driving/slashing lanes.

Miles system doesn't have an offensive skilled player right now and his team struggles to score. With a threat inside it would make everybody's life much easier. If he had a threat inside, I believe he would be thrilled to death and it would then became a big part of his offensive system. 

• 4 weeks later...

He really likes that left to right cross-over and mostly penetrates on a right-handed dribble.  Work on that left hand, young man.

Yep, teams will start scouting for this and pick him.  It has started happening to Shields in recent games.  How many times has he been picked in conference play than non-con play?  I would say more than we think.

He really likes that left to right cross-over and mostly penetrates on a right-handed dribble.  Work on that left hand, young man.

Yep, teams will start scouting for this and pick him.  It has started happening to Shields in recent games.  How many times has he been picked in conference play than non-con play?  I would say more than we think.

Shields & Petteway both slash/drive to the right, almost exclusively.

No reason why he shouldn't be the starting PG next season

Having not seen much of Watson I didn't know if his scoring was from slashing or shooting. The answer was yes.

Finding his teammate with a behind the head pass for the game winning shot was also nice.

Future =  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

I really like him off the bench next season.  Having a scoring threat on the "second line" is something we are severely lacking right now.  If TP comes backs I'd like to see Watson spell him and then stay out there with him and play the true combo guard role.

Nebraska could really use one on the first line, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Paul Biancardi of ESPN on his overview of the Big Ten recruiting classes he has Watson pegged as the top sleeper.  Said by this time next year everybody will know his name and as a freshman will bring defensive toughness to the position and play making ability right away.  Earlier Biancardi also had NU's class as a whole has one of the top "sleeper" classes in the country. 

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12379592  

• 2 weeks later...

Watson plays on...

Ash and Nebraska recruit Glynn Watson (five straight points) fueled the run that erased a two-point deficit and ended with Nick Rakocevic’s dunk for a 35-25 lead in the opening seconds of the fourth quarter.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83084666/