2015 PG Glynn Watson - Signed

hhcmatt

I knew I shouldn't have looked at his twitter feed...oof...

Also, I have noticed a recurring theme among those nerds, in which they say nearly every single potential prospect (especially those in the ESPN top 100) would be a "perfect fit for the system (we) run".

Well, no shit Sherlock, they are a "perfect fit" because they are among the most talented athletes in the country.  They're gonna "fit" into any system!

I looked at his twitter feed too.  Very informative.  For example, I learned that Creighton finally has a pool table in their players' lounge.  It has blue felt on it with the Toronto Bluejay's logo in the middle of it.

I knew I shouldn't have looked at his twitter feed...oof...

Also, I have noticed a recurring theme among those nerds, in which they say nearly every single potential prospect (especially those in the ESPN top 100) would be a "perfect fit for the system (we) run".

Well, no shit Sherlock, they are a "perfect fit" because they are among the most talented athletes in the country.  They're gonna "fit" into any system!

I looked at his twitter feed too.  Very informative.  For example, I learned that Creighton finally has a pool table in their players' lounge.  It has blue felt on it with the Toronto Bluejay's logo in the middle of it.

Duh it shows they are multi cultural.

Trollers who post here would quickly fade away if they weren't so effective at getting the regulars to argue with them.

Word.  People's obsession with Creighton is mind-numbing and pathetic.

This is a Glynn Watson thread.  Go post a topic somewhere else if you want to talk about Creighton's fan base.

Trollers who post here would quickly fade away if they weren't so effective at getting the regulars to argue with them.

Word. People's obsession with Creighton is mind-numbing and pathetic.

This is a Glynn Watson thread. Go post a topic somewhere else if you want to talk about Creighton's fan base.

And yet the discussion is directly related to Glynn Watson and a Creighton fan's take on his recruitment, not a generalized discussion about their entire fan base.

Now, back to the kudzu discussion....

Or was that in the D'Jery Baptiste thread?

Word. People's obsession with Creighton is mind-numbing and pathetic.

This is a Glynn Watson thread. Go post a topic somewhere else if you want to talk about Creighton's fan base.

And yet the discussion is directly related to Glynn Watson and a Creighton fan's take on his recruitment, not a generalized discussion about their entire fan base.

Now, back to the kudzu discussion....

Or was that in the D'Jery Baptiste thread?

I was thinking the same thing. That stuff is nasty.

so the article came out and its down to NU, CU, and Tennessee.  Says he may just take the two visits hes scheduled but if he takes one and its the right fit he may just pull the trigger on the visit.

REALLY glad we're going first.  I know he wanted to commit by the time he started his senior year so if he hasn't committed to us by Sunday feel free to PANIC

so the article came out and its down to NU, CU, and Tennessee.  Says he may just take the two visits hes scheduled but if he takes one and its the right fit he may just pull the trigger on the visit.

Somehow that doesn't seem quite as ... encouraging? ... as the lead up to the article being posted.

Before it was "shine the cowbell, he's committing on his visit."

Now it's "there is a definite possibility that he might commit while on his visit; otherwise, he's down to us and two other teams."

I liked the whole "shine the cowbell" vibe so much better.

Somehow that doesn't seem quite as ... encouraging? ... as the lead up to the article being posted.

Now it's "there is a definite possibility that he might commit while on his visit; otherwise, he's down to us and two other teams."

Your sig is pretty mean, btw Norm :-)

so the way I look at it was the article is done by a national Rivals guy that has to be neutral.  He then came over and posted he wouldnt be surprised, based on the convo, to have him commit after the visit.  So the article actually doesnt portray what he truly feels and then with the redblooded post coupled with it, you start to think its a done deal.

so the way I look at it was the article is done by a national Rivals guy that has to be neutral.  He then came over and posted he wouldnt be surprised, based on the convo, to have him commit after the visit.  So the article actually doesnt portray what he truly feels and then with the redblooded post coupled with it, you start to think its a done deal.

Dude, I hope you're right.

Of the group of White, Watson and Morrow...if you had asked me a couple months ago I would have thought Watson was easily the least likely to be a Husker.  I felt like White just made sense and we had the Hunter relationship, and I still do think there's tons of factors pointing towards Morrow ending up in Lincoln.  But Watson, as far as I know, didn't have any built-in "in" that gave NU an advantage.  This one is straight-up out-recruiting your peers.  And by peers, I'm talking about some legit D1 programs with better histories in basketball.

So, if this does actually happen...to me its a game-changer.  Its a major deal.  Its selling your program on its own merits and just putting in the effort and work.  Watson got his first scholarship offer from Purdue on December 6th, 2012.  He has been on the radar of Big Ten schools for a long, long time.  He is no zucchini.  He is not long, lean and underrated.  Dude is a consensus 4-star and top-100 player nationally.