2015 PG Glynn Watson - Signed

hhcmatt

I will puke if he goes to CU.

I will too. I will just say this regrettably, I think we all hoped CU would just kind of tank post McD. At this point, things certainly do not appear to trending that way at all. We are going to have to beat them for recruits and on the court straight up. We certainly have a leg up this year with TP and the gang though.

Creighton's lost their "best player in program history" about 4 times over the past 15 years. History would suggest they'll continue to put a quality product on the court.

Doug was one of the best players in history, not just Creighton history. They can only go one direction from that.
Doug was a good player, no denying that. But to say he was one of the best in history is a little off. Not a lot off, he was great, but a little off. A great player is able to take his team a lot further than the Jays ever went. To me, some (I said 'some') of his prolific scoring success was the product of being the center of his team in the mid major setting and surrounded by the right group of role players who could knock down shots. It will never be known if he could've done similar things in a big boy league so I won't go there. It could be argued that he would have been considered greater on a team that had a chance to go further.

Cue BJU 100 page meltdown

I will puke if he goes to CU.

I will too. I will just say this regrettably, I think we all hoped CU would just kind of tank post McD. At this point, things certainly do not appear to trending that way at all. We are going to have to beat them for recruits and on the court straight up. We certainly have a leg up this year with TP and the gang though.
Creighton's lost their "best player in program history" about 4 times over the past 15 years. History would suggest they'll continue to put a quality product on the court.
Doug was one of the best players in history, not just Creighton history. They can only go one direction from that.
Doug was a good player, no denying that. But to say he was one of the best in history is a little off. Not a lot off, he was great, but a little off. A great player is able to take his team a lot further than the Jays ever went. To me, some (I said 'some') of his prolific scoring success was the product of being the center of his team in the mid major setting and surrounded by the right group of role players who could knock down shots. It will never be known if he could've done similar things in a big boy league so I won't go there. It could be argued that he would have been considered greater on a team that had a chance to go further.

Cue BJU 100 page meltdown

Well said, he was a great college player.  Larry Bird was one of the best in History, look what he did to elevate Indiana State.

To stay on topic, any new updates on Mr. Watson?

• 2 weeks later...

One if the rivals basketball writers did a story with Watson tonight. Said there's a decent chance after talking to him he could commit after his visit this weekend. Would be huge.

Saw that too.  Always good when you have writers not affiliated with the schools in the running predicting they will be N.  I hope he brings a parent along and Tim can close him. 

One if the rivals basketball writers did a story with Watson tonight. Said there's a decent chance after talking to him he could commit after his visit this weekend. Would be huge.

Saw that too.  Always good when you have writers not affiliated with the schools in the running predicting they will be N.  I hope he brings a parent along and Tim can close him. 

If he did commit, would Tai Webster move to shooting guard? The PG spot would be pretty full with 3 guys: Webster, Parker, and Watson. and smith

Edited by gobigredbrah

From what I could gather, it wasn't an article Robin was doing.  It was one of the Rivals' national guys.  The article hasn't been posted yet.

What did Robin's article say?

Basically, the writer (not Washut) said that he wouldn't be surprised if Watson committed to us this weekend and cancelled his other visits (I believe Creighton is the only one he has lined up so far).  Would be huge.

Thanks, fellas.