Will {SEC school with an opening} come after Miles?

Cazzie22

Eh. Wouldn't worry about it.

The primary reason it seems Martin left is because he didn't feel the Athletic Department was doing enough for the basketball program.

Nebraska pays better, our facilities are Much better, our fanbase enthusiasm is better, the Big Ten is a better conference and the guys we have coming back are better...

Nebraska is just a better job all around right now.. and that is without Miles' personal midwestern/Big Ten ties.

The UT athletic dept is a dumpster fire.  There's a reason why they are burning thru coaches like a pyro burns thru matches.

No way Miles would leave for UT.  You don't poach a HC from another D-1 university just to leave to go to another program this late in the game.  He's building something here, he isn't going to leave for an unstable situation.  Esp when the entire UT fanbase wants Pearl back (& that's after UT had a deep NCAA run)

Does Lane Kiffen coach basketball?

Kiffin & Tennessee are a hot topic. Lane burned the Vols, and many Vol fans would like the Kiffer to burn in he!! ;)

Sort of my point.

They just need to find a "flexible" Tim Miles who isn't Bruce Pearl.

The UT athletic dept is a dumpster fire.  There's a reason why they are burning thru coaches like a pyro burns thru matches.

No way Miles would leave for UT.  You don't poach a HC from another D-1 university just to leave to go to another program this late in the game.  He's building something here, he isn't going to leave for an unstable situation.  Esp when the entire UT fanbase wants Pearl back (& that's after UT had a deep NCAA run)

That's a great point.  Hire Molinari away from WIU just to turn around and take a head job elsewhere?  I doubt Miles would even return their call.

Miles name is going to pop up for lots of jobs moving forward. Just like Bo's name does. Difference is I want Bo to leave but want Miles to stay.

Did we just become best friends?

Please take it to the Fall Sports board.

I think we can all agree that Miles has become a big enough name where he will also get the "Unfounded Rumor about being associated with a SEC opening" press that Pelini tends to get.