Transfers

Aaron Brown of Southern Miss leaving...would be eligible right away.....Maybe Doc can hook us up?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24663439/southern-miss-guard-aaron-brown-granted-release

(I apologize if this has been posted already)

I'm a little late to the party on this, but here's the list of schools he's considering:

Aaron Brown of Southern Miss leaving...would be eligible right away.....Maybe Doc can hook us up?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24663439/southern-miss-guard-aaron-brown-granted-release

I'm a little late to the party on this, but here's the list of schools he's considering:

I hear Maryland has an open scholarship 

I hear Maryland has an open scholarship 

Well played, sir!  :D

Someone posted over on another site that there are rumors of a big man on campus looking to get enrolled and be put on scholarship.  Anybody hear anything on this and who it might be?

Edit:  Whoops, sorry...did not realize there was already a 4 page post over in the Haymarket Hardwood covering this rumor.  

Someone posted over on another site that there are rumors of a big man on campus looking to get enrolled and be put on scholarship.  Anybody hear anything on this and who it might be?

that actually started here and someone took it over there to ask.  check out the thread on the haymarket hardwood just a question

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gabe Levine, who transferred from Loyola Marymount to Marquette after a standout freshman season, has now announced that he is transferring from Marquette.  Pretty bizarre, as he just transferred there this semester and was sitting out this year.

Would be a nice option for us, but I imagine he will probably head to one of his other finalist schools - Notre Dame or Northwestern.

Colorado State transfer Jon Octeus commits to Purdue

By Jon Rothstein | CBS Sports

October 8, 2014 6:00 pm ET

Colorado State transfer Jon Octeus said that he has committed to Purdue and will be eligible immediately for the entire 2014-15 season.

Octeus initially committed to UCLA after graduating from Colorado State but didn't get into the Bruins' graduate school program.

A 6-4 guard, Octeus averaged 13.4 points and 4.7 rebounds last season.

He'll likely compete for Purdue's starting point guard spot with sophomore Bryson Scott.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24744081/colorado-state-transfer-jon-octeus-commits-to-purdue

Colorado State transfer Jon Octeus commits to Purdue

By Jon Rothstein | CBS Sports

October 8, 2014 6:00 pm ET
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Colorado State transfer Jon Octeus said that he has committed to Purdue and will be eligible immediately for the entire 2014-15 season.

Octeus initially committed to UCLA after graduating from Colorado State but didn't get into the Bruins' graduate school program.

A 6-4 guard, Octeus averaged 13.4 points and 4.7 rebounds last season.

He'll likely compete for Purdue's starting point guard spot with sophomore Bryson Scott.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24744081/colorado-state-transfer-jon-octeus-commits-to-purdue

Big 'get' for Purdue & Coach Painter.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like Creighton or Wichita St are the leading contenders for his services.  Also, in the for what it's worth department, the folks over at Phog.net seem to think that he won't be missed all that much by the program.  They feel like his father is one of those meddling helicopter parents that could wreak havoc on a team's chemistry and it may end up being an addition by subtraction type of situation.

But my money's on him heading back home to Wichita.  Seems like a natural move.  But I'll be the first to admit I don't know what the depth situation is at his spot there.

Bill Self's comments on this player leaving are interesting--slightly different (less positive) than his Andrew White exit comments. Bill Self said, in his interview today, complimentary thing about this player being a good person, player and shooter, but then added that his team "may have also gained some chemistry issues" from the exit. Here is a link to the interview: https://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1699080

But my money's on him heading back home to Wichita.  Seems like a natural move.  But I'll be the first to admit I don't know what the depth situation is at his spot there.

Looks like he could slot in well there if they can find the schollie for him

Sounds like that's gonna be an issue for him where ever he decides to go.

Here is what the kid said in his parting press release:

"I've been thinking about this for a while now," Frankamp said in the release. "I love KU and I love the Jayhawks. I feel like I've improved quite a bit since I've been here. I love my teammates but I just don't feel like it's the right fit for me. We have many good guards and so many big-time players. I want to be at a place where I could play a bigger role."

Wichita State has elevated its star quality, they have their own difference makers.  This kid would be a role player with the Shockers as well.  Quite frankly I would be a bit surprised if Creighton would really want him.  He needs to go to a bottom feeder where he can be a bit more selfish which would allow him to be a bigger fish in a much smaller pond.

Here is what the kid said in his parting press release:

"I've been thinking about this for a while now," Frankamp said in the release. "I love KU and I love the Jayhawks. I feel like I've improved quite a bit since I've been here. I love my teammates but I just don't feel like it's the right fit for me. We have many good guards and so many big-time players. I want to be at a place where I could play a bigger role."

Wichita State has elevated its star quality, they have their own difference makers.  This kid would be a role player with the Shockers as well.  Quite frankly I would be a bit surprised if Creighton would really want him.  He needs to go to a bottom feeder where he can be a bit more selfish which would allow him to be a bigger fish in a much smaller pond.

As a fan of a program that has benefited substantially from transfers over the last few years, I'd have a hard time calling a kid "selfish" for wanting to find more playing time at a program than the one he signed with out of high school. 

Not trying to start an argument.  It's just I saw you posted basically the same thing over on the "college basketball" page and, I don't know, I just have a hard time dismissing a kid as just being nothing but selfish when he transfers to get more playing time.  I just think your last sentence is just a bit harsh, that's all.