Transfers

Doesn't seem like it. He played his freshman year and was to be a senior this year, his fourth with the team. No redshirt season yet so he would have to transfer and sit a year to play his final year I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless he somehow graduates this summer & enrolls in a grad program that his original school doesn't offer......

He was recruited by Georgetown coming out of high school, so maybe Kenya Hunter has a connection to him. He was highly ranked coming out of high school. 4-Star, Rivals100, #16 Power Forward. Here is his high school rivals profile:

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-C.J.-Barksdale-88707

He was recruited by Georgetown coming out of high school, so maybe Kenya Hunter has a connection to him. He was highly ranked coming out of high school. 4-Star, Rivals100, #16 Power Forward. Here is his high school rivals profile:

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-C.J.-Barksdale-88707

According this profile, he MAY have been recruited by GT but was never offered so not sure how much of a connection there would be.

This was kind of a scary paragraph though.

Barksdale always wowed with his diverse skill set, but never committed himself to conditioning like former coach James Johnson and his staff would have liked. It’s unclear whether he clashed with Williams’s new staff, which was formally announced by Virginia Tech on Wednesday.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article1179868.html

The Missouri men’s basketball team announced Friday that Torren Jones has been dismissed for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Jones’ dismissal was announced in a release from the MU athletic department.

“We have high standards at the University of Missouri and after consulting with (athletic director) Mike Alden, I have made the decision to dismiss Torren Jones from our program,” first-year coach Kim Anderson said. “I am disappointed in Torren’s actions and want to be very clear about the culture of accountability we are building within our program. It’s a privilege to wear the University of Missouri uniform and we will represent our University and our state with great integrity.”

Jones, a 6-foot-8, 235-pound forward from Chandler, Ariz., appeared in 30 games as a freshman last season and averaged 2.1 points and 2.3 rebounds, including a team-best 11.4 rebounds per 40 minutes.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article1179868.html

The Missouri men’s basketball team announced Friday that Torren Jones has been dismissed for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Jones’ dismissal was announced in a release from the MU athletic department.

“We have high standards at the University of Missouri and after consulting with (athletic director) Mike Alden, I have made the decision to dismiss Torren Jones from our program,” first-year coach Kim Anderson said. “I am disappointed in Torren’s actions and want to be very clear about the culture of accountability we are building within our program. It’s a privilege to wear the University of Missouri uniform and we will represent our University and our state with great integrity.”

Jones, a 6-foot-8, 235-pound forward from Chandler, Ariz., appeared in 30 games as a freshman last season and averaged 2.1 points and 2.3 rebounds, including a team-best 11.4 rebounds per 40 minutes.

Saw him play three times the summer before his senior year. Wasn't overly impressed with his play or demeanor but you could see the kid had some potential with his athleticism.

High standards and University of Missouri should never appear in the same sentence.

Well why I agree, they most likely DO have the highest standards for the $EC.
I'd put Vanderbilt on top personally.

I forgot about them Kamdy, you are correct.

I think most do forget since high standards and SEC don't usually go together.

High standards and University of Missouri should never appear in the same sentence.

Well why I agree, they most likely DO have the highest standards for the $EC.
I'd put Vanderbilt on top personally.
I forgot about them Kamdy, you are correct.

I think most do forget since high standards and SEC don't usually go together.

They are truly an outlier.

I say we pursue him, wonder if robin knows anything about him and our interest level.

Yeah getting him for a year to work, then get 3 years on the court from him would be worth the gamble for a top 100 player.

Definitely worth the gamble...seems like a guy who never realizes the potential though.

Aaron Brown of Southern Miss leaving...would be eligible right away.....Maybe Doc can hook us up?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24663439/southern-miss-guard-aaron-brown-granted-release

(I apologize if this has been posted already)

I think it's safe to say if he's leaving USM, he and Doc probably aren't on the best terms.

I also don't think we need a guard. Leave that scholarship open on case a big becomes available at the last minute.