Transfers

Chiles is a 6'1 guard who averaged 15.8 ppg last year but no other really eye-popping statistics.

I don't know what you need beyond 15.8 ppg. And the fact that he'd be a one-and-done senior transfer, giving you a player with minimal downside if he busts.
Yeah, I didn't mean it in a negative manner, was just stating that it doesn't seem like he contributes many rebounds or assists, was just trying to quickly give people an idea of what type of player he was.

Wasn't breakin' your balls, Cookie.  Just sayin' 15.8 ppg is enough for me.  Wish he had a better % from deep, but he's a scorer and that's nice to have.

Anderson seems like he'd be a great pickup, but what connection would he have to us (other than sharing a name with a former player) ?  He's from California, so will probably transfer somewhere on the West Coast.

Rosenthal doesn't typically retweet random tweets like that.  And he seems to know a thing or two that might not be public information.

Anderson seems like he'd be a great pickup, but what connection would he have to us (other than sharing a name with a former player) ?  He's from California, so will probably transfer somewhere on the West Coast.

Rosenthal doesn't typically retweet random tweets like that.  And he seems to know a thing or two that might not be public information.

He's probably on to us. He's just RT'ing stuff to see how long before it ends up on here. 

Question on Ryan Anderson (would I would LOVE to get).  Guy is a career 13.5 PPG 7.5 RPG guy. 

With the coaching change, if he were to transfer here (no clue why he would, but the Rosenthal factor :).....would he be eligible right away with his coaching change?  Or would he have to sit a year then play?  Curious how it works when a coach leaves.

Question on Ryan Anderson (would I would LOVE to get).  Guy is a career 13.5 PPG 7.5 RPG guy. 

With the coaching change, if he were to transfer here (no clue why he would, but the Rosenthal factor :).....would he be eligible right away with his coaching change?  Or would he have to sit a year then play?  Curious how it works when a coach leaves.

I'm guessing he'll get his degree this spring and be eligible immediately

Are the Maryland players fair game?

Roddy Peters is a Freshman point guard who was a 4 star recruit that played for AAU DC Assault...the squad Kenya Hunter has ties to. http://accbasketball.com/freshmen-orientation-roddy-peters/

Shaq Cleare is a four star sophomore big man who needs a new home

Nick Faust is a 6-6 senior that would have to sit out a year....eh.

Are the Maryland players fair game?

Roddy Peters is a Freshman point guard who was a 4 star recruit that played for AAU DC Assault...the squad Kenya Hunter has ties to. http://accbasketball.com/freshmen-orientation-roddy-peters/

Shaq Cleare is a four star sophomore big man who needs a new home

Nick Faust is a 6-6 senior that would have to sit out a year....eh.

I have no real knowledge of the rules in play here but if I were to take a guess I'd say that:

1).  Technically, the normal transfer rules would apply until Maryland officially joins the Big Ten in July.

2).  It would likely be considered extremely bad form for a current B1G school to do this to one that is joining in just a few months.

They can unless Maryland gave them stipulation with allowing them to transfer.  They arent in conference until June or July 1 I cant remember which.

Right- I believe if they'd transfer to a B1G school before July 1, when the new teams are officially in the B1G, it's a one-year "penalty" - if they transfer on July 1 or after, the 2-year in-conference transfer penalty applies. I'm not sure if they'd have to start taking classes before July 1 or if they just have to sign scholarship papers before July 1.

Of course as you said Maryland could always refuse to give them a release to any B1G school and make the rule moot.

Minnesota's QB transferred to Rutgers a few months ago, but only has to sit out one year because Rutgers isn't in the B1G yet. 

Maybe they're being shipped off?  We always accused Doc of getting rid of players at the end of the year who he didn't think panned out.  Maybe they just want to get further from home? 

If they're leaving regardless of what we do, why should we punish ourselves by playing hands off? 

I'd say if they're good enough and they want to come here, bring 'em on in.

Georgetown sophomore Stephen Domingo is transferring out of the program, according to a report from Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com.

Domingo was a top 30 recruit in the Class of 2013, but he decided to enroll a year early at Georgetown. He was just 17 at the time, and still has not turned 19 year olds. In two seasons with the Hoyas, he’s managed to play all of 197 minutes and score 29 points in just 40 games.

Domingo will be a prized commodity on the transfer market this offseason. A 6-foot-6 shooter that played for the USA’s U17 team and hails from San Francisco.