Top 10 NU Season Moments

throwback

According to the Tim Miles Show last night anyway:

1. NU wins regular-season finale at home vs Top 10 Wisconsin - #NoSitSunday
  2. NU wins at Michigan St for a Top 10 road win
  3. NU earns NCAA Tournament bid during watch party at PBA
  4. Home win vs Ohio St to gain first B1G conference win after 0-4 start
  5. NU wins at Indiana to earn season sweep
  6. Petteway scores 35 vs Minnesota in home win - start of the surge of 10 wins in 12 games
  7. Parker takes a charge late vs Northwestern in home win
  8. NU wins opening game at PBA vs Fla Gulf Coast, 79-55
  9. NU road win at Northwestern, 1st true road win of season
  10. NU-Purdue, Petteway & Pitchford getting lob dunks from Gallegos making SportsCenter

Pretty solid list - I may have slid Shields' 33 pts vs Illinois in there at around #6 or #7, probably take the road win at Northwestern out

Good list. If I were going to add one of my favorite moments, it would be against Wisconsin in the second half. There was a point in the game where Gallegos hit a 3-pointer to put us ahead 53-52 or something like that. And, the very next time down the court, Wisconsin missed a shot. Petteway battled for the rebound and managed to slap the ball over the Wisconsin players to Shields who was on his way down to the other end for a big dunk! Besides beating Michigan State, that was probably the biggest "goosebumps" moment of the year for me.

That's a good list.  Mine, in no particular order:

1.  Not getting a ticket for parking illegally during the heavily-attended Wisconsin game.

2.  Getting to watch selection Sunday ... from the lower bowl!

3.  Getting stuck in an elevator for 2 hours with the Husker cheerleaders.  (That one might have been in a dream.)

4.  Getting to mouth off at the end of the game to the obnoxious Ohio State fans who bought the seats next to mine.

5.  Living to see us make the NCAA tourney again.  (Have no idea how close they cut it, but too close for my comfort.)

6.  Winning a free Husker Hoops shirt at one of the Husker meet and greets.  (I was about to give the wrong answer but they announced the correct one before I got to the front of the room, so I took the shirt anyway.)

7.  Correctly predicting we'd win our last 4 home games and make the NCAA tourney.

8.  Getting lit at Buzzard Billy's after the Wisconsin game and then fist-bumping Kye Kurkowski as he crossed 8th street.  "You're IN, dude!!!"

9.  Participating in the inaugural "HUSKER!!! POWER!!!" chant against Penn State.

10.  Me:  "I got you guys by 20 over Northwestern tomorrow."  Coach Miles:  "I hope you didn't bet too much."

Hate to say this, but when we "right sized" the team it seemed to be a season changer. Biggs subtraction seemed to lift the team, again, at the time it seemed like a huge negative, but it ended up being a dose of reality that seems to have lifted the team.

IMO, more important was the individual meetings after the Michigan debacle.

Winning that Wisconsin game in that environment was so damn cool.  Specifically when Petteway hit the 3 to go up 10-3 it was complete bedlam in there. 

A critical side moment for me was when Illinois hit a trey to go up 7 with about 10 or 12 minutes left in Lincoln and Petteway answered with an incredible season saving trey. 

Honorable mention.  Pitchford with a cold blooded dagger in Bloomington.