Maybe Adam Lacey from Manhattan will get a look from Nebraska:

Position: Center

Height: 6'10"

Weight: 230

Year: Freshman

Hometown: San Diego, Calif.

HS: San Diego High School

2012-13 Lacey Game-by-Game Stats

2012-13: Appeared in 12 games during the season, averaging 1.8 minutes ... made collegiate debut in a win over Hofstra (11/21) ... scored first career points at George Washington (12/2) ... grabbed two rebounds in a win over Canisius (2/7).

Before Manhattan: Top 100 recruit at his position in the nation for 2012 according to ESPN.com... lettered four years at San Diego High School playing for head coach Wes Brown... averaged nearly 14 points, nine rebounds and two blocks per contest as a senior to earn First Team San Diego Section honors... garnered First Team All-Eastern League as a junior... named the Cavers team MVP as a junior and senior... played AAU ball with the Compton Magic for head coach Etop Udo-Ema helping the team earn number one spot, according to Areacodesbasketball.com's "Top 20 West Coast Teams" list.

http://gojaspers.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=205710895&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=12500

2012-13: Appeared in 12 games during the season, averaging 1.8 minutes ... made collegiate debut in a win over Hofstra (11/21) ... scored first career points at George Washington (12/2) ... grabbed two rebounds in a win over Canisius (2/7).

Before Manhattan: Top 100 recruit at his position in the nation for 2012 according to ESPN.com... lettered four years at San Diego High School playing for head coach Wes Brown... averaged nearly 14 points, nine rebounds and two blocks per contest as a senior to earn First Team San Diego Section honors... garnered First Team All-Eastern League as a junior... named the Cavers team MVP as a junior and senior... played AAU ball with the Compton Magic for head coach Etop Udo-Ema helping the team earn number one spot, according to Areacodesbasketball.com's "Top 20 West Coast Teams" list.

http://gojaspers.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=205710895&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=12500

He has played 23 TOTAL minutes in two years at Manhattan.  What makes you think he would all of a sudden be able to play in the B1G?  He's Serj part deaux.

Before Manhattan: Top 100 recruit at his position in the nation for 2012 according to ESPN.com... lettered four years at San Diego High School playing for head coach Wes Brown... averaged nearly 14 points, nine rebounds and two blocks per contest as a senior to earn First Team San Diego Section honors... garnered First Team All-Eastern League as a junior... named the Cavers team MVP as a junior and senior... played AAU ball with the Compton Magic for head coach Etop Udo-Ema helping the team earn number one spot, according to Areacodesbasketball.com's "Top 20 West Coast Teams" list.http://gojaspers.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=205710895&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=12500

He has played 23 TOTAL minutes in two years at Manhattan. What makes you think he would all of a sudden be able to play in the B1G? He's Serj part deaux.

Were Pitchford, Petteway, and Smith All-Stars before they transferred to Nebraska?

I didn't say "This guy is an absolute stud and Nebraska absolutely has to get him on this roster." All I said was "Maybe he will get a look from Nebraska".

Before Manhattan: Top 100 recruit at his position in the nation for 2012 according to ESPN.com... lettered four years at San Diego High School playing for head coach Wes Brown... averaged nearly 14 points, nine rebounds and two blocks per contest as a senior to earn First Team San Diego Section honors... garnered First Team All-Eastern League as a junior... named the Cavers team MVP as a junior and senior... played AAU ball with the Compton Magic for head coach Etop Udo-Ema helping the team earn number one spot, according to Areacodesbasketball.com's "Top 20 West Coast Teams" list.http://gojaspers.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=205710895&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=12500

He has played 23 TOTAL minutes in two years at Manhattan. What makes you think he would all of a sudden be able to play in the B1G? He's Serj part deaux.

Were Pitchford, Petteway, and Smith All-Stars before they transferred to Nebraska?

I didn't say "This guy is an absolute stud and Nebraska absolutely has to get him on this roster." All I said was "Maybe he will get a look from Nebraska".

No, they weren't all-stars or unreal recruits, but they were guys who got looks from BCS conferences, at least in the cases of Petteway and Pitchford. This guy sounds like a scrub, no offense.

You're comparing two guys that were freshmen, one that started often in Petteway, and Pitchford who was on an elite 8, to a guy thats spent two years sitting the bench when they play schools like Niagara, Siena, Marist etc on a regular basis.  Im just saying the scenarios cant be compared but when you see a guy that can't even crack the rotation after two years at a mid major school he is not going to be an option at a high major school.

#5 Jonathan Arledge

http://m.gomason.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=205055888&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=25200

Position: Forward

Height: 6'9"

Weight: 228

Year: Junior

Hometown: Silver Spring, Md.

HS: KIMA

Jonathan Arledge Bio:

2012-13: Played in every game, with 22 starts … Finished second on the team scoring 9.0 points per game and 21 blocks … Also pulled down 181 rebounds (4.8 rpg), 30 assists and 19 steals … Ranked fifth in the CAA in free throw percentage (81.4 percent)

… Scored in double figures 13 times including one double-double … Recorded 11 points, seven rebounds and two steals in win over UMBC (Dec. 4) … Registered nine points, nine rebounds, two steals and an assist against Northeastern (Jan. 3) … Scored 14 points, then a career-high, along with five rebounds, one block and one steal in 35 minutes of play against Drexel (Jan. 31) … Contributed 19 points, six rebounds, a block and a steal in win at James Madison (Feb. 2) … Went 9-for-9 from the free throw line as part of 21-point night, including seven rebounds, two blocks and two assists at Old Dominion (Feb. 4) … Posted double-double of 15 points and 11 rebounds with two steals against Delaware (Feb. 9) … Scored 20 points including three 3-pointers, and added three rebounds, one block and one steal at Hofstra (Feb. 20) … Blocked a career-high three shots against Drexel along with eight rebounds and six points (Mar. 9) … Contributed 11 points and nine rebounds along with two assists and a block in win over Houston (Mar. 25) … Went 8-for-8 at the free throw line as part of career-high 23 points with five rebounds and a steal in win over Western Michigan (Mar. 27) … Opened CBI finals against Santa Clara with 21 points, eight rebounds, two steals, an block and an assist (Apr. 1) … Scored 16 points, seven rebounds and an assist in finale against Broncos (Apr. 5).

2011-12: Saw action in 31 games including two starts ... Posted 172 points, 121 rebounds, 18 blocks, 17 assists and 16 steals ... Was sixth on the team in rebounding and had the second-highest free throw shooting average (79.3 percent) ... Scored seven points, four rebounds, two assists, two blocks and a steal in win over Monmouth (Nov. 15) ... Made first collegiate start and recorded five rebounds, four points and an assist in a career-high 28 minutes at Florida Atlantic (Nov. 19) ... Scored seven points, two rebounds and a steal at Virginia (Dec. 6) ... Pulled down seven rebounds and added four points in win at Radford (Dec. 10) ... Scored a career-high 12 points and added five rebounds, two blocks and an assist in win at James Madison (Jan. 14) ... Contributed eight points, four rebounds and a career-best two steals against Towson (Jan. 21) ... Scored 10 points, including a perfect 6-for-6 night at the free throw line, and added seven rebounds, a steal and a block at Hofstra (Jan. 25) ... Swatted a career-high three shots and added six rebounds, four points, an assist and a steal in win over Georgia State in CAA quarterfinals (Mar. 3) ... Registered first career double-double of 11 rebounds and 10 points, adding one block against VCU (Mar. 4).

2010-11: Appeared in 28 games ... Averaged 5.5 minutes per contest and scored 40 points, 25 rebounds, six steals, six assists and three blocks ... Made first college appearance with season-high four rebounds and added two points, one steal and an assist against Harvard (Nov. 13) ... Scored season-high nine points on 50 percent shooting in win over Charlotte (Nov. 18) ... Was 4-for-4 from the free throw line and added three rebounds, two steals and a block against N.C. State (Nov. 19) ... Grabbed three rebounds in back-to-back games against Loyola (Dec. 8) and Liberty (Dec. 11) ... Posted four points and four rebounds at Dayton (Dec. 29) ... Pulled down two rebounds against Towson (Jan. 27) ... Scored four points, two rebounds and a block against Ohio State (Mar. 20).

High School: Attended KIMA (Kamit Institute for Magnificent Achievers) and played basketball for Levet Brown... Also played football, baseball and track and field... Named All-Met in basketball and was a McDonald's All-American nominee... As a senior, average 16 points, 12 rebounds, four blocks and two steals... Scored a career-high 31 points.

Arledge intrigues me for the simple fact that he is eligible to play right away.

I agree and I also like this part of his bio:

"2012-13: Played in every game, with 22 starts … Finished second on the team scoring 9.0 points per game and 21 blocks … Also pulled down 181 rebounds (4.8 rpg), 30 assists and 19 steals … Ranked fifth in the CAA in free throw percentage (81.4 percent)"

How is Arledge's back injury coming along?

Arledge intrigues me for the simple fact that he is eligible to play right away.

I agree and I also like this part of his bio:
"2012-13: Played in every game, with 22 starts … Finished second on the team scoring 9.0 points per game and 21 blocks … Also pulled down 181 rebounds (4.8 rpg), 30 assists and 19 steals … Ranked fifth in the CAA in free throw percentage (81.4 percent)"

I was about to post about Jonathan Arledge too. 6'9 228 lbs senior who's on track to graduate next month. don't get too caught up in his RS JR year stats, he only played one game. Looked pretty solid the previous year. In the CBI tournament he averaged 14 ppg, including a career high 23 points performance (7-11 FG) (8-8 FT) in the championship game. Seems to get into foul trouble

Interesting in his freshman year, his team made it to the NCAA tourney. Put up 4 pts (2-2FG) in a 3rd round blowout loss to ohio state. OSU went on to lose to UK in the next round by 2 pts.

Went to high school in washington dc, he chose GMU over Penn State, Vanderbilt, Temple, Tulane

Don't remember him from the two games I watched this season but that doesn't mean a whole lot. As a freshman big man it's tough to earn quality time. Harriman had ample opportunities to watch him grow in HS out of STL so if there's interest that should help.

Don't remember him from the two games I watched this season but that doesn't mean a whole lot. As a freshman big man it's tough to earn quality time. Harriman had ample opportunities to watch him grow in HS out of STL so if there's interest that should help.

One thing to note is that St. Louis did not offer Berry out of high school. However, Missouri offered him, and Isaac Chew was the lead recruiter for his services. Perhaps if we add Chew to the staff, which someone mentioned in the new assistant coach thread, maybe this would become an option.

How's that for merging topics?

I would be interested in knowing what the status of Greg Whittington is. They have him listed with no new school as I believe that he didn't get into the school he wanted to(Rutgers?). If he couldn't get in there, would he get into NU?

I don't think he didn't get in. He just didnt show up there for second semester classes.

I would be interested in knowing what the status of Greg Whittington is. They have him listed with no new school as I believe that he didn't get into the school he wanted to(Rutgers?). If he couldn't get in there, would he get into NU?

I don't think he didn't get in. He just didnt show up there for second semester classes.

Yep, here's the story: http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2014/01/greg_whittington_rutgers_georgetown_hoyas.html