Pitchford

Couldn't tell while at the game but it appeared he had words with Kenya Hunter after another defensive lapse and was sat for the rest of the game. He was sulking and almost looked like he wasn't going to join the team huddle. Any further info on this from what anyone saw on TV. His interior D and movement on D was really poor yesterday. Seemed like he let his inability to score affect his effort on defense.

I believe everyone was frustrated and out of sorts yesterday.  I wouldn't read anything further into anyone's actions.  Shavon commented on this after the game.  The players seemed ready to play, but stage fright set in.  Not unusual for a team/players who haven't been to that level. 

Walt is soft. All there is to it. Mentally and physically. He really needs to get his shit together cuz I can't stand watching him play. If things aren't going his way it's game over, he packs it away. And the fact that he can only shoot pisses me off. No post move, no dribbling, and can't handle pressure out on the perimeter. 

I know we couldn't help off their shooter but Pitchford was beat crossing block to block several times early in the game. He lost his man on some of those alley oops as well. I do think our immaturity and inexperience showed ... Our leader, Petteway, still needs to work on not letting his emotions get the best of him. These guys will improve with time one can hope ... Our reactions are understandable. It's not going to get any easier getting to the dance next year.

Am I the only one who saw Pitchford get into it with Kenya Hunter?

Walt is soft. All there is to it. Mentally and physically. He really needs to get his shit together cuz I can't stand watching him play. If things aren't going his way it's game over, he packs it away. And the fact that he can only shoot pisses me off. No post move, no dribbling, and can't handle pressure out on the perimeter. 

Way to take it personally.  If it's so hard on you, perhaps you shouldn't watch.

You done yet?  You've bashed him a few times now.  Its uncalled for.

Key player to this years team and you go after him like that. 

BTW who do you suggest play over Walt?

Walt always plays hard.  I have not witnessed him "pack it away."  He also is playing out of position attempting to defend the post, and has worked hard on improving that part of his game.  He has improved his post defense tremendously since the first third of the season.

Walt plays hard but he and petteway have some room to grow mentally and also be a bit tougher innwqlts case. Anyone inside the program will tell you that but they are SOPHOMORES! We we're all 20-21 year old kids remember that. They will get there and are really great guys who compete. Yesterday may be the best learning experience for the team and these two especially. I really liked how Shavon attacked early in the game for us.

Walt plays hard but he and petteway have some room to grow mentally and also be a bit tougher innwqlts case. Anyone inside the program will tell you that but they are SOPHOMORES! We we're all 20-21 year old kids remember that. They will get there and are really great guys who compete. Yesterday may be the best learning experience for the team and these two especially. I really liked how Shavon attacked early in the game for us.

Well. now the three best Husker players are JUNIORS (since their Sophomore seasons are over). But, the point that they all have 2 more years to go is a GREAT point! I think all 3 could be that very special triple-threat for Nebrasketball in the future! GBR

Walt always plays hard.  I have not witnessed him "pack it away."  He also is playing out of position attempting to defend the post, and has worked hard on improving that part of his game.  He has improved his post defense tremendously since the first third of the season.

How can a 6'10 guy be playing out of position in the post? Do you want him to play the 2 guard? If you're 6'10 you have to play in the post

You done yet?  You've bashed him a few times now.  Its uncalled for.

Key player to this years team and you go after him like that. 

BTW who do you suggest play over Walt?

Key players are immune to criticism? Yes he has improved from the beginning of the season but is he close to where he needs to be? No. And Rivers and Leslee can take on more minutes. Leslee can at least body someone up

Walt always plays hard. I have not witnessed him "pack it away." He also is playing out of position attempting to defend the post, and has worked hard on improving that part of his game. He has improved his post defense tremendously since the first third of the season.

How can a 6'10 guy be playing out of position in the post? Do you want him to play the 2 guard? If you're 6'10 you have to play in the post

Walt needs to develop in some areas but he will be able to excel as a stretch 4 once we get a true 5 that can grab a touch on the block. Yes he needs to develop in the post, needs to have some post game, but a true 5 on the floor at the same time will give Walt the opportunity to be better at what he's really good at. Spread the floor as a stretch 4.

Walt always plays hard. I have not witnessed him "pack it away." He also is playing out of position attempting to defend the post, and has worked hard on improving that part of his game. He has improved his post defense tremendously since the first third of the season.

Walt needs to develop in some areas but he will be able to excel as a stretch 4 once we get a true 5 that can grab a touch on the block. Yes he needs to develop in the post, needs to have some post game, but a true 5 on the floor at the same time will give Walt the opportunity to be better at what he's really good at. Spread the floor as a stretch 4.

I agree he'll be better at a stretch 4 but we will always be at a disadvantage on the defensive end. 4s still play in the post. And with him being out on the perimeter he needs to handle the ball better. Anytime he gets pressured he looks like he doesn't know what to do. His jab steps don't work when the defender knows you can't drive

Are you watching the same player I am?

I see aSOPHOMORE that has improved 10000x defensively since the start of the season.  He is playing out of position.  He is playing center for the most part which is a JOKE.   He shouldn't have to be forced into that position, but unfortunately that's what happens with 5+ years of horrible recruiting. 

Hate on Walt, COOL.  Calling him weak and saying you're sick of seeing him?  Wow.  You want Menke to play his position?

Walter deserves respect for the season he put together. 

I'm embarassed to even get worked up over your posts. 

You're right, it's such a crime to have a 6'10 player playing the post. He's sooo out of position. But I won't criticize a player ever again. Let's all live in a fantasy land where all of our players are the best. Go Huskers!