uneblinstu's post game chatter: ed 6, vol 33 - Baylor - NCAA Tournament

uneblinstu

Kirk Hinrich averaged 5 ppg and shot 31% from 3 his freshman year. There is a poster in this thread that would've wanted to ship him back to Sioux City.

He also committed 2.6 turnovers, while Tai committed 1.8.  Kirk had a few more assists, but also a better team with better shooters.

Anyone concerned that Tai decides to take the money and run back to New Zealand to play pro hoops?

Concerned? No. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he did so. I'm not sold he will ever be a Big Ten type player we need. This year, he was absolute disappointing. It's hard to look at his game logs. Over hyped is putting it lightly. So no, not concerned. But I have heard rumors he wouldn't make it past this year.

I wish the mods would tag your post to the top for the next 3 years so we can all look back at it in 2-3 years.  You have had an unhealthy obsession with bashing Tai all year, so I guess you may as well go out with a bang. 

As I said in another thread, I have heard the coaches changed Tai's shooting form after he arrived on campus.  They knew it would throw him off this year but are hoping it will give him a headstart on the future years. 

Maybe he never will pan out.  But if he is hopeless, then I fear for the future of Hawkins and Fuller who couldn't even crack the lineup all year.  I guess we should just throw them out as well.  I guess I am just not ready to give up on any of them, and definitely not Tai.

Thank you for say what I have been thinking. For some reason some on this board are always trying to get players to leave. If we were to have all the guys that are to leave this program it would be. Benny, David, Terran, Nate and now Tai. oh and I forgot the biggest whipping boy Serji. I guess if they all do leave Tim will have a bunch of open schools to get his guys in. so much negativity just enjoy what happened and great ready for next year.

Anyone bashing players should be banned on this board if the mods have any balls. Personal attacks on players and bashing them after an incredible run is unacceptable. Team did not play well and really looked young and inexperienced in the first half. I agree with Webster, Hawkins and fuller development is crucial. If they can find a post guy and get those three up to speed we will be in great shape. Working on Tai's shooting is crucial. If he can hit a jump shot this team can become extremely tough to beat...he missed wide open shots that if he starts to make he can then pump fake and beat anyone to the rim. They took that away from him and dared him to shoot

Anyone bashing players should be banned on this board if the mods have any balls. Personal attacks on players and bashing them after an incredible run is unacceptable. Team did not play well and really looked young and inexperienced in the first half. I agree with Webster, Hawkins and fuller development is crucial. If they can find a post guy and get those three up to speed we will be in great shape. Working on Tai's shooting is crucial. If he can hit a jump shot this team can become extremely tough to beat...he missed wide open shots that if he starts to make he can then pump fake and beat anyone to the rim. They took that away from him and dared him to shoot

I must have missed the bashing you are talking about.  I heard Huskerbaseball say he wouldn't be sorry if Tai left.  That's not bashing, and it's not personal IMO.  I don't agree with it.  I think he's dead wrong about Tai's future.  But he has a right to express his opinion on a public message board.

It is pretty easy to look at a couple of players and call them out for their struggles either during this game or for their body of work for the year.  But, let's see if this coming off-season is as productive as this last off-seaon.  Look at the exponential growth that took place.  Think about it.  Next year can again be a pretty fun ride.  This staff knows what they are doing.  Is it possible we lose a couple of our staff members???  If they can stay intact, the sky is the limit.

Kirk Hinrich averaged 5 ppg and shot 31% from 3 his freshman year. There is a poster in this thread that would've wanted to ship him back to Sioux City.

Always appreciated Hinrich's total game, only hope NU can develop a player to be more Kirk-like (maybe it's Tarin Smith waiting in the wings as the smart, productive distributor/scorer).

If you have a life outside of a message board you will be OK.

if the mods have any balls.

I think yesterday was a frustrating booze filled day where emotions got a bit high.

If we banned everyone on this board who took shots there wouldn't be anyone left.

Moderating requires patience and a thick skin. 

I feel his family wants him to come home...he wants to stay here. I think he needs to lock himself in the Hendricks and limit distractions. May be a boring summer of hard work in Lincoln but will pay off big time. I still believe he has ability to get to the next level but must make a major jump this off season

Not saying anyone bashee anyone just a general statement. Many other boards and newspaper site comments have been rough.Much better today...I think yesterday was a frustrating booze filled day where emotions got a bit high. Tough day hut bright future

Maybe for you it a booze filled but not for me.

Any replay of the game available-BTN, YouTube, anything?

Set my dvr from San Antonio but it filled up and didn't record.

Try here - but do it quickly, I'm not sure how long that link will remain available:

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/game/221

The BTN does get the rights to games eventually - they were showing games from the 2013 tourney earlier this week - so they may show it at some point, but it's hard to say when that could be if at all.