Nebraska 19-12 Vs. Baylor 24-11 Game Thread

Bugeaters1

FG%: NU 42.6, BU 40.5

3pt%: NU 19.0, BU 15.4

I'm not usually one to get on officials too much...But these refs shouldn't be allowed to officiate another game.  It was god awful.

I will even put the loss on Husker shooting.  Still doesn't make up the jobbing officiating.

baylor shot just as bad if not worse. the sole difference in the game was the whistles.

I'll take 50 NCAA losses over all the NIT wins we could ever rack up.

This was a magical season. No one can take that away from us.

Go Big Red. #UsAlways

I agree. A foundation has been laid. Hopefully this will be a learning experience. They came out tight and when they finally got going they gave up easy dunks on the other end. And the officiating? Wow!

FG%: NU 42.6, BU 40.5

3pt%: NU 19.0, BU 15.4

I'm not usually one to get on officials too much...But these refs shouldn't be allowed to officiate another game.  It was god awful.

I will even put the loss on Husker shooting.  Still doesn't make up the jobbing officiating.

baylor shot just as bad if not worse. the sole difference in the game was the whistles.

Wow!  I'm surprised we got to 43%.  Still had we shot better in the first half things would have been different.  The officiating sure didn't help.

Free Throws:

Nebraska: 10-16; 63%

Baylor: 38-48; 79%

ticky tack foul

Yep. At least they are going both ways, but geez. I thought we'd avoid big 10 officiating in the tournament.

So I have a question about the refs that officiate in this tournament. does the NCAA over see these clowns or do they just go on their merry way.

ticky tack foul

Yep. At least they are going both ways, but geez. I thought we'd avoid big 10 officiating in the tournament.

So I have a question about the refs that officiate in this tournament. does the NCAA over see these clowns or do they just go on their merry way.
No matter what happens we will never hear a word about it. That sucks. The coach and players have to face the music.

ticky tack foul

No matter what happens we will never hear a word about it. That sucks. The coach and players have to face the music.

That's what I said after we lost to OSU in the B1G tournament.  There's  not enough accountability for the officials.  No one can ever call them out.  That's a problem.

based on the statistics - not really

ticky tack foul

That's what I said after we lost to OSU in the B1G tournament.  There's  not enough accountability for the officials.  No one can ever call them out.  That's a problem.

They should have to be held accountable just like the coaches have to be and like most companies have their employees have held accountable.

Which leads me to wonder if we're not really missing a big guy in the middle as much as we are one or two serious sharpshooters. If we can draw out the defense to defend the 3, Shields and Petteway can slash through the lane at will. Of course, it would be great to have an I. Austin or C. Jefferson at the rim on defense.

Wonder how much zone we'll see next year?  I'm guessing quite a bit.

We carved up their zone except for making shots in the first half.

based on the statistics - not really

you mean the statistics that had them shooting as bad or worse than we are? those statistics? the ones that were already posted a bit earlier?

or maybe another set of statistics that I might have overlooked.