Doc Sadler: Celebrity

hhcmatt

Lee must not get out of Omaha much if he has never heard a bad word about Doc.  Please don't take this a Doc bashing, it was not intended as that.  I just have heard folks speak poorly of him (coaching related).  I have said and stand by it, had he won in Lincoln, we would never have worried about him leaving.

I for one miss Doc as a person. He was a standup guy who bled Husker Red. Not many people will take the time to say goodbye after being fired, he did. I'll always respect the man for that. I think he is a very good defensive coach. I learned a lot about the game from him at his open practices. If he would have hired better assistants and recruited better he would still be here. That being said, I think both parties are better off now.

I love the line in that article that says and I'm paraphrasing " If you don't like Doc, then there is something wrong with you, not Doc."

I for one miss Doc as a person. He was a standup guy who bled Husker Red. Not many people will take the time to say goodbye after being fired, he did. I'll always respect the man for that. I think he is a very good defensive coach. I learned a lot about the game from him at his open practices. If he would have hired better assistants and recruited better he would still be here. That being said, I think both parties are better off now.

I love the line in that article that says and I'm paraphrasing " If you don't like Doc, then there is something wrong with you, not Doc."

Agree, I takes a man with true character to do something like that.

Doc LOVED being the coach at Nebraska and everything that came with it. He busted his butt for the program and wanted to be the coach to get that first tourney win so bad. His press conference after his dismissal pretty much summed it up. Good guy, just didn't get results after 6 years. Best if luck to him landing a head coaching gig down the road and getting another crack at it.

That's because the boss usually doesn't let them.

Well said and I agree.  It always boils down to players and the assistants that can get them. No doubt that he is an unbelievable defensive coach.  I hope after spending time with The Mayor that Doc will change his offensive philosophy.