HHC Chat w/ Tunnel Walk of Shame

hhcmatt

Fantastic work. How long does it take you to write each comic? Also to expound on my last question, did you ever think the University and their social media team would ever embrace you like they have with you and Faux Pelini?

Some comics take as little as an hour or two to actually write. I write them in chunks though. Usually I think of jokes or concepts or situations throughout the week, and jot them down. Then I work on stringing it together into as much of a cohesive one-sitting story as possible, which takes a bit of time. The night before posting, I open up Photoshop and do all the placement. That's just busy-work, usually done while watching Archer and drinking beer. Sometimes when I'm putting stuff together I think of something new and slide a joke or two in. But mostly I write it in chunks throughout the week.

Regarding your second question, I'm really glad the university engages with it. Not just for my own selfish reasons either. It's good for them to not pretend like stuff like TWOS, Faux Pelini and the like don't exist. They do exist, and people seem to like them. As a brand, the Huskers can make great strides by bringing us jackasses into the fold and making it all one big happy family. I'm glad they have, and it seems like there are some good folks running things there.

It's safe to say that while you're a fan of all Husker sports, but it's Nebraska football first and you probably casually follow the other sports like basketball, volleyball, baseball, etc.

We're you watching basketball games all year or at what point did you start?

It's safe to say that while you're a fan of all Husker sports, but it's Nebraska football first and you probably casually follow the other sports like basketball, volleyball, baseball, etc.

We're you watching basketball games all year or at what point did you start?

I have been going to Nebrasketball games my whole life. Not every game, I won't pretend to be a total Devaney Die-hard, but I've kept up with the team very regularly, always know what's going on with them. This year, like everyone, the passion has just kind of intensified. If you were a casual fan, you're into it now. If you were into it, you're over the top. I'm probably somewhere between those two categories. But overall, I'll cheer for anything Huskers. Love going to baseball games, too. 

I apologize for totally fat fingering that down vote. Fuck you phone.

Someone on reddit referred to you as Nebraska's LSUFreak. Have any social media based characters from other schools contacted you?

Ha! That's a nice compliment. I haven't heard from any of those types of people, though I've talked to Kegs 'N Eggs on Twitter, and I like him a lot. He's hysterical.

Another excellent comic! 

Although I was hoping to see this photo in a panel somewhere:  ;)

BECAUSE IT'S FRIDAY: HERE'S BO PELINI'S HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL PICTURE

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/11/29208/because-its-friday-heres-bo-pelinis-high-school-basketball-picture

Good thing Bo picked college football--way too much hair on his legs to make it in basketball...