OT: Anyone on here play Hoops Dynasty on WIS network?

tcp

Speaking of What If Sports, their rosters for 2014 came out today so of course I ran the sim of us vs Baylor about 20 times or so. I don't think the computers like us very much. Lost the first two times by a about 30, and in the 20 sims we won about 2 or 3 times. A decent amount of blowouts too.

http://whatifsports.com/ncaab/default.asp#top

Speaking of What If Sports, their rosters for 2014 came out today so of course I ran the sim of us vs Baylor about 20 times or so. I don't think the computers like us very much. Lost the first two times by a about 30, and in the 20 sims we won about 2 or 3 times. A decent amount of blowouts too.

Yeah, I heard the sim picked Baylor to go to Final Four. Hopefully their players have more high-high potential than mine do...:) Have you seen my roster yet, J? The AI did me no favors when I picked Nebraska Wesleyan as my starter program. Sheesh.

Btw, I was going to site mail you to see if you'd walk me through a winnable matchup to give me your opinion on how you'd set up the variables for it. I've got a game against Luther after midnight tonight and it's winnable, but I'm not getting the recipe right for some reason.

Anyhoo, see ya!

I have since submitted it 6 more times and we have won all... Holy cow!!

no idea how you got 6 in a row. I got crushed playing NU. but the sim has an obvious flaw. it assigned game minutes to Peltz, vooch and hawkins that wouldn't even begin to happen in a real game of this magnitude. so that skews the result. just goes to show there's always limitations on sims of games derived from strict statistical algorithms that don't take context into account.

I have since submitted it 6 more times and we have won all... Holy cow!!

no idea how you got 6 in a row. I got crushed playing NU. but the sim has an obvious flaw. it assigned game minutes to Peltz, vooch and hawkins that wouldn't even begin to happen in a real game of this magnitude. so that skews the result. just goes to show there's always limitations on sims of games derived from strict statistical algorithms that don't take context into account.

Yea, thaw one of the problems. Once you select the team, you have to go to edit depth chart and fix that. It originally has Gallegos as the point and Webster the 2, and Biggs is still in the lineup also

Yeah, I heard the sim picked Baylor to go to Final Four. Hopefully their players have more high-high potential than mine do... :) Have you seen my roster yet, J? The AI did me no favors when I picked Nebraska Wesleyan as my starter program. Sheesh.

Btw, I was going to site mail you to see if you'd walk me through a winnable matchup to give me your opinion on how you'd set up the variables for it. I've got a game against Luther after midnight tonight and it's winnable, but I'm not getting the recipe right for some reason.

Anyhoo, see ya!

Sent you an email on the whatifsports page