Tarin Smith is N

Why not?

Because I teach high school students...I don't need my twitter feed filled with the ramblings of more high school students.

Not even the tweets of the # 1 kid in his class? ;)

Not even.  :)

Yeah seriously, he has a 4.0 at a tough school.  Maybe you should follow him as a way to encourage your students to buy in to school!

Anyone know what his stats are like?  I've seen like boxscore type stuff but not season averages.

Have to give credit to Miles for getting in on a kid and getting a commit BEFORE his recruiting blew up.  We weren't quite as lucky with guys like Buddy Hield. 

Old man problems? I linked before a page that updates scoring for the players, in response to the same question in the recruiting forum on him.  Granted it only does points accurately its up to date.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/school/jersey-city-st-anthony/boysbasketball/stats/

He averaged 13.8 points a game.  No clue on assists, rebounds, or steals as they obviously dont update those ever.

Also if you click the hyper link of his name it links all stories from the newspaper that have him included in the story itself.

One thing about all this attention we're getting is that it has to help nabbing a few people in the next two cycles. We've gotten more press this season than the previous dozen years combined.

Now if we can sustain it by upsetting Baylor, that's going to get a lot of kids' attention.

Oh, and welcome, Tarin! Lincoln will adopt you as her own in no time!

Interesting sentence in Lee B's write-up about Smith...

Smith said the Nebraska staff promised him a chance to compete for regular playing time next season.

http://bigredtoday.com/article/20140317/HUSKERS/140318681/1002#husker-hoops-lands-new-jersey-point-guard-tarin-smith

Doesn't everyone have the chance to compete for playing time?

Smith said the Nebraska staff promised him a chance to compete for regular playing time next season.

http://bigredtoday.com/article/20140317/HUSKERS/140318681/1002#husker-hoops-lands-new-jersey-point-guard-tarin-smith

Doesn't everyone have the chance to compete for playing time?

Technically, yes, but there was some talk from posters about him being a possible redshirt.

Does that mean other schools were telling him he wouldn't have a chance to compete for playing time?

Does that mean other schools were telling him he wouldn't have a chance to compete for playing time?

I assumed it was more to the fact that a lot of us, myself included, think he will redshirt this year. However, that quote makes it seem like he will have the chance to play right away. 

But shouldn't every player get the chance to play?

St. Anthony pipeline is HUGE!!!! Nebraska getting to that upper-echelon of college basketball will only come from creating long term pipelines at big time schools/AAU programs. If Tarin turns out to be great, awesome! But I'm more excited about Miles & co. grabbing a kid from a factory like St. Anthony.

I assumed it was more to the fact that a lot of us, myself included, think he will redshirt this year. However, that quote makes it seem like he will have the chance to play right away. 

Our coaching staff is straight up with guys.

They told Pitch he needed to redshirt to come here.

Smith seems like a kid with a head on his shoulders....he definitely should play if he's physically ready to contribute in the B1G

Smith seems like a kid with a head on his shoulders....he definitely should play if he's physically ready to contribute in the B1G

Didn't the NCAA say he had to redshirt to come here? Or do I have that situation wrong?

Didn't the NCAA say he had to redshirt to come here? Or do I have that situation wrong?

I think you're right.  Pitch (and Petteway) both had to sit out a year NCAA transfer rules.

If I remember correctly Pitch first wanted to apply for a hardship waiver and Coach Miles told him it would be best to redshirt and spend a year on development.

100% correct. He even talked about it on the CBS sports interview from the other night when they talked to Miles about getting Walt and TP to transfer. Said Walter left his visit without scholarship papers because he didn't want to sit but when he got back to the hotel he and his family talked it over and decided it was the best and called Miles to get the papers. Miles also got a great deal on a washer and dryer that same day apparently.

It's true.  He does.  I've seen the pictures.

Creating a pipeline to St. Anthony's and establishing connections with Kenya's AAU team that Bryant Crawford plays on, and establishing a connection w Simeone and Mac Irvin Fire with a kid like Morrow will only benefit Nebraska. If Nebraska lands Morrow, it can help convince kids like Crawford to pull the trigger. Morrow is a must get in my eyes.