Five and Six Seeds

hhctony

Guys -- I crunched numbers many different ways. I see us comfortably in the field probably as an 11 seed. That said, we may move to a 12 for seeding purposes. I can't see anyway we are left out, though I could see us in Dayton.

That said, these are some possible 5/6 opponents. Not scared of any of them really. Carolina, Oklahoma, St. Louis, UConn, UCLA, VCU, Texas. I'll be curious to see our match up. I think we can match up with just about anybody in that range. 

And, I think Miles and the boys are pissed. You'll never see a meltdown like that again under his watch. 

Might want to look at 7 seeds too.  Jerry Palm updated his projection an hour and a half ago and has us in solidly as a 10 vs 7 seeded Memphis.

NOOOOOO

Preseason I predicted we'd lose to Memphis in the first (second) round.

*Edit*

Went back and found my predicition-

Nebraska nearly sweeps the lower teams (loses one to Illinois and Purdue) and picks up a wins against Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State.  Spanks IU in first meeting. Loses in 2nd round of Big 10 tournament. Finishes 7th in the B1G.

Picks up a 9 seed in the NCAA tournament and loses to 8th seed Memphis in the first round.  History waits another year.

I really don't see us in that play in game.  Again if we're seeded below Iowa its a travesty.  In no way do I see us as a team that would be left out under the old traditional 64 team format.  I believe we are a 10 seed.

I'd like to avoid UCLA, they are better than a 6 seed.  I'll be happy to play whoever they put in front of us, but no way do I see us being in that play in round.  I think one of those teams that is limping to the finish should be dropped down to that line. (SMU, Iowa, Arizona St, or Kstate). 

I know the NCAA committee says it doesn't look for interesting matchups, it's always just a coincidence when it happens.  ;)

But is it possible they go out of their way to match us with a Big XII team? The reason I ask is each of the past 2 seasons, didn't Nebraska's women get matched with Big XII teams, Kansas in the first round two years ago and they played in Texas A&M's regional last year right? Met the Aggies in the 2nd round I believe.

So maybe Texas, Baylor, or Oklahoma would be around the 6-7 seed line to perhaps match with NU as a 10-11 seed? Just a thought for those of us who believe in conspiracy theories.  :P

I know the NCAA committee says it doesn't look for interesting matchups, it's always just a coincidence when it happens.  ;)

But is it possible they go out of their way to match us with a Big XII team? The reason I ask is each of the past 2 seasons, didn't Nebraska's women get matched with Big XII teams, Kansas in the first round two years ago and they played in Texas A&M's regional last year right? Met the Aggies in the 2nd round I believe.

So maybe Texas, Baylor, or Oklahoma would be around the 6-7 seed line to perhaps match with NU as a 10-11 seed? Just a thought for those of us who believe in conspiracy theories.  :P

I think it's pretty much incidental. the geography rules dramatically increase the odds that you'll run into a team not too far from your own stomping grounds in the first round. with the womens case, you have a power conference that routinely gets in a ton of teams, combine that with geography restrictions, and your odds of running into your old conf mates jumps up dramatically.

it's not like we left the B12 to go to the Hong Kong Exile Conference. We're just right next door.