I knew that Ohio State would get the benefit...

Sorry, ladies and gents, it's my fault: I knew that Ohio State would get the benefit of the calls w/ the refereeing we had today.  It's too bad that it had to be that way, but Aaron Craft & the Bucks are able to clutch, grab & hold while Terran Petteway & the Huskers seemed to touch the lil' buckeroos & it's a 'foul'.  Even Dan Dakich commented on it in the 1st half... knew it would be a long day!!

Despite that, the real problem I had was Nebraska's response to full-court pressure. It was horrendous.

The key turning point in the game was when Pitchford tried the reverse dunk from the alley-oop w/ NU up 58-49... didn't go down.  In fact, it caromed quite a ways away & OSU got a transition bucket and-1. Suddenly, it 58-52 and the Buckeye crowd got revved and Aaron Craft pestered our guards more & more. That was the key possession in my eyes.

Anyways, it's just one game but it sucks to fall apart like that when NU had that 48-30 lead & OSU was reeling. Matta knows what the hell he's doing & he challenged his team to "compete" and that is exactly what they did. Nebraska will learn & grow, but it's still a painful lesson to be taught by the aggressor today.

Sorry, ladies and gents, it's my fault: I knew that Ohio State would get the benefit of the calls w/ the referring we had today.  It's too bad that it had to be that way, but Aaron Craft & the Bucks are able to clutch, grab & hold while Terran Petteway & the Huskers seemed to touch the lil' buckeroos & it's a 'foul'.  Even Dan Dakich commented on it in the 1st half... knew it would be a long day!!

Despite that, the real problem I had was Nebraska's response to full-court pressure. It was horrendous.

The key turning point in the game was when Pitchford tried the reverse dunk from the alley-oop w/ NU up 58-49... didn't go down.  In fact, it caromed quite a ways away & OSU got a transition bucket and-1. Suddenly, it 58-52 and the Buckeye crowd got revved and Aaron Craft pestered our guards more & more. That was the key possession in my eyes.

Anyways, it's just one game but it sucks to fall apart like that when NU had that 48-30 lead & OSU was reeling. Matta knows what the hell he's doing & he challenged his team to "compete" and that is exactly what they did. Nebraska will learn & grow, but it's still a painful lesson to be taught by the aggressor today.

Just about a perfect post.

Teran, Shields and Benny getting 4 fouls killed us. It was no coincidence that OSU was able to attack the rim after that. While, on the other end Craft and Scott were able to absolutely mug Shields and Teran which didn't allow us to get to the rim.

The key moment was when Ross traveled and got Teran's 5th foul in a tie game with just under a minute to go. Nebraska gets the ball and they call a questionable travel on Shields. That ended the game.

Teran, Shields and Benny getting 4 fouls killed us. It was no coincidence that OSU was able to attack the rim after that. While, on the other end Craft and Scott were able to absolutely mug Shields and Teran which didn't allow us to get to the rim.

The key moment was when Ross traveled and got Teran's 5th foul in a tie game with just under a minute to go. Nebraska gets the ball and they call a questionable travel on Shields. That ended the game.

I agree on both points, no question... I thought the key "turning point" moment occurred when the momentum officially swung the Bucks' way on the 5-pt swing.

What killed me is that Benny and craft are about the same defensively, and Benny gets called for touchy fouls and craft has nothing called on him. I know it would be like that just the way the BIG ten love craft, but still, it's frustrating to watch.

Really???  I hate Craft but have to give the kid his due as he is a very good defender.  He finds a way to defend and not get calls against him for some reason.  You can't blame him for that.  I hate Craft and Grant Gibbs the most of anyone else in the country but Benny is not about the same as Craft.

What killed me is that Benny and craft are about the same defensively, and Benny gets called for touchy fouls and craft has nothing called on him. I know it would be like that just the way the BIG ten love craft, but still, it's frustrating to watch.

Really???  I hate Craft but have to give the kid his due as he is a very good defender.  He finds a way to defend and not get calls against him for some reason.  You can't blame him for that.  I hate Craft and Grant Gibbs the most of anyone else in the country but Benny is not about the same as Craft.

Craft is absolutely an elite defensive guard, but that doesn't mean he isn't getting away with murder...

Did anybody else notice when the ref called Shields for that travel, after he blew his whistle he waited about two seconds and then reluctantly signaled the travel. It was almost as if he was thinking "Ah shit, I blew my whistle but I know that I just missed a call down on the other end." Not nearly as definitive as some refs we've seen.

Craft is absolutely an elite defensive guard, but that doesn't mean he isn't getting away with murder...

Getting away with murder can make a good defender an elite defensive guard.

Getting away with murder can make a good defender an elite defensive guards.

He's elite, period.

Getting away with murder can make a good defender an elite defensive guards.

He's elite, period.

Good use of the "period" I guess that means the discussion is over huh? Craft is bigger and stronger than Benny and that gives him a big advantage but it has been my observations that Benny has better feet and and should receive fewer blocking calls than Craft but he doesn't. Craft is allowed to bump ball handlers on the drive and get away with it on a consistent basis. I'm sure you can find posts I made last year whining about the same thing. Michael Jordan was a great defender made even greater by the fact he was allowed to reach put his hand on players hips and was strong enough to bring people to a stop that way. He also used it to great effect on offense. (ask Bryon Russell   

)

That doesn't mean MJ was made by the officials. He made himself and then the officials began to give him every questionable call making him even better.

There is no doubt Craft is a very good defender. He is made better by the fact that for some reason the refereeing gods have decided he can get away with murder.

There is no doubt Craft is a very good defender. He is made better by the fact that for some reason the refereeing gods have decided he can get away with murder.

I think we pretty much agree, and I said the same thing in an earlier post. We're simply arguing semantics.