Benny Parker>Mike Gesell

There was a lot of gnashing of teeth when Gesell picked Iowa, but honestly, right now Benny is playing better than Gesell, and it's not really even close, IMO. Not saying I wouldn't take Gesell on this team, but who would have thought Benny vs Mike could be a debate?

Not me.

There was a lot of gnashing of teeth when Gesell picked Iowa, but honestly, right now Benny is playing better than Gesell, and it's not really even close, IMO. Not saying I wouldn't take Gesell on this team, but who would have thought Benny vs Mike could be a debate?

That might be a bit of a stretch.  Don't judge how good Gesell is based on just his last game.  He gets lots of steals and is very quick and takes care of the ball.  Mike is a very smooth player and pushes the tempo for them.  If I had to choose, I'd take Gesell as his overall game is better than Parkers.  Benny has been playing very well but Gesell is a much better overall player.