One game

unl

One game.   Once again this team is the underdog.  Ohio State has been playing well the past four games but not overwhelming anybody. 

How will NU answer the call?

This is it.  A conference tournament where we're doing more than trying to win one game.  Game time is almost here.  The Ohio State game should be a lot of fun!

If we play like we are capable...we will be fine.

Agree with this. Here's why:

-Ohio St. makes their hay creating and capitalizing on turnovers. We generally do a pretty good job of avoiding this.

-They aren't a great perimeter shooting team which should allow us to continue to pack the paint and force jump shots.

-They aren't a great rebounding team (11th in B1G play in Rebounding Margin).

-The Benny Factor: Craft leads the conference in assists, which obviously leads to a lot of their offense. I think Benny will keep him at bay.

Oh it'll be a battle.  don't kid yourself.

It's two fairly good defensive teams (they may be slightly better but the stats the last 10 games would lean our way).  The main reason that I think we win is because we've got better shooters and are better overall offensively.  We've also got the best player on the court -- which in crunch time in tournaments carries a LOT of weight.

That's three pretty good reasons.  I'll take my chances after they almost lost today and struggled down the stretch pretty bad.

It's really pretty simple for us:

18, 12, 12, 18, 10, 11, 7 = Number of Free Throw Attempts in our conference losses (Avg. 12.6)

26, 33, 19, 14, 27, 21, 48, 27, 17, 19, 25 = Number of Free Throw Attempts in our conference wins (Avg. 25.1)

Live at the rim = we win

One thing about Craft - I don't know why anybody ever plays him over the top on a screen and roll. He almost never shoots 3's and he's not a great 3 pt. shooter (33%) when decides to pull the trigger. He primarily wants to get in the lane and that's where he can do some damage, either at the rim or finding open shooters. If we can prevent him from getting there, I think they have a difficult time scoring. I expect a battle.

WE WILL WIN.

And what Shuttlesworth said.[/

Is the couch ready?

In all seriousness, she bit back last time.  My hands have a few cuts from the springs.

Labor of love, though.  The other night was a primer for the coming days/weeks. 

Ain't no amount of leather treatment gon' fix what I'm about to do.

WE WILL WIN.

And what Shuttlesworth said.[/

Is the couch ready?

In all seriousness, she bit back last time.  My hands have a few cuts from the springs. Labor of love, though.  The other night was a primer for the coming days/weeks.  Ain't no amount of leather treatment gon' fix what I'm about to do.

I am laughing so hard right now as I see a picture of your couch trying to sneak out of the window as it hears you walking into the house after work and saying"Honey I'm home."

For the record, Nebraska has been favored in four conference games this year, all home games, against Illinois, Penn State, Purdue and Northwestern. The other seven victories have been "upsets." Today, we're about 4.5-point underdogs.

One game.   Once again this team is the underdog.  Ohio State has been playing well the past four games but not overwhelming anybody. 

How will NU answer the call?

I expect a tough, hard-nosed battle.  Both teams will compete like crazy.  Hope we get an even whistle, but I'll believe that when I see it.

I am closing my office today at 1, and letting all the employees have a half day off, in honor of the Huskers. Go watch the game and bring good karma.  They think I'm nuts, but they all are taking me up on it.  At least the time off part.