2014 Coaching Carousel

49r

Tigerboard is not taking the news well.

Could their message board be a bigger POS?

Nope.

I've read that they've never updated the board software because the old style like that generates an order of magnitude more clicks than a modern one.  Means more ad revenue for the site owner.

Still doesn't make it less of a POS.

Former player with a great track record for winning? Seems like a solid hire

He was the first name I tossed out to the co-workers and got pooh poohed about it.

Your co-workers are probably Mizzou fans though...

Dimes I am in Columbia so yes, yes they are.

Wow.  I am a little shocked, given his interview a few weeks ago with one of the local beat writers.  Doc made it sound like he wasn't in any hurry to be a head coach again.   Anyway, congratulations!

BTW, former Nebraska coaches don't have a penchant for snagging DI head coaching jobs after they leave here.  I would say this is almost as good of a gig as Moe had at TCU.

BTW, former Nebraska coaches don't have a penchant for snagging DI head coaching jobs after they leave here.  I would say this is almost as good of a gig as Moe had at TCU.

---------------

One former coach became the Athletic Director of a program that made back-to-back championship games (in the past 5 years, no less). Collier returned home & it's worked out fairly well. Will be interesting to see if the Butler Bulldogs bounce back next season in a (not-as-big) Big East.