Calling all recruits...

1sdpad2

It blows my mind that we still have two open scholarships.  We have a tournament team this year and only lose one contributor.  We should be in the tournament fairly easily next year too, although anything can happen.  We have great facilities, a great coach, and a great team already.  Why isn't anyone else joining the party?  Earlier this year, prior to this late run, I wasn't been able to understand how we couldn't recruit a big to be that one person we were missing.  It seemed like we were so close to have a tournament team and it turns out we didn't need that missing person this year.   Obviously a PG , pure shooting G, or C would fit in nicely.  I'm sure we are biased about this being such a good place, but what else do we need to do to get the recruits?  Maybe a win in the tournament will get some more heads looking our way.  It just seems pretty bare outside of the PG(Harris?) right now.  I don't follow super close, but it seems like he is the closest thing right now.  Deng injured too seemed pretty close.  Hammonds is looking real nice and seems to be eager to get here.  I hope when can get two more real good recruits and not have to fall back on anybody.  We have a great core already next year.  A year more experience with everyone is going to be huge.  Rivers/Fuller/Hawkins should be able to replace Gallegos scoring, maybe not his D as of late.  Maybe we don't need a C as we have been fine without so far.

What am I missing?  Is it not as good as I think here? 

What am I missing?  Is it not as good as I think here? 

youre missing that probably 85-90% of players have already committed or signed their LOI's before Nebraska made their run.  Theres not much left in the bucket to choose from for this cycle.  It should help for the future but thats why they havent gotten anyone for this year yet with the slim pickings.

Sports Illustrated has a January 2014 article titled "Forget freshmen, transfers are the new prized recruits in college hoops."

A persisting rumor is that Nebrasketball has a transfer big already committed.

Further, with the huge success of both Pitchford and Petteway this year (along with Miles' transfer successes at Colorado St.) you'd think that potential transfers would view Nebrasketball as a great opportunity. The winning ways of late can't hurt either. But the transfer prospects are largely unknown to the public at this time.

On the recruiting front, in the words of an old song, "We've only just begun!"

Sports Illustrated has a January 2014 article titled "Forget freshmen, transfers are the new prized recruits in college hoops."

A persisting rumor is that Nebrasketball has a transfer big already committed.

Further, with the huge success of both Pitchford and Petteway this year (along with Miles' transfer successes at Colorado St.) you'd think that potential transfers would view Nebrasketball as a great opportunity. The winning ways of late can't hurt either. But the transfer prospects are largely unknown to the public at this time.

On the recruiting front, in the words of an old song, "We've only just begun!"

Tell me more please.

It was hinted that they have a large interest in getting one.

So a rumor we have one committed or a rumor we want one?

Swan might be talking about a hint dropped by Brian Rosenthal a while back at a time when the Georgetown kid -- Wittington? -- was still a possibility.  I think most people assumed that's who he was talking about.  But I haven't heard anything further about that rumor since then.  Certainly nothing appears to have gone anywhere with Wittington.  I don't know if perhaps Swan had someone else in mind or a different rumor in mind, but that's the last of anything I've heard.

It was hinted that they have a large interest in getting one.

So a rumor we have one committed or a rumor we want one?

Swan might be talking about a hint dropped by Brian Rosenthal a while back at a time when the Georgetown kid -- Wittington? -- was still a possibility.  I think most people assumed that's who he was talking about.  But I haven't heard anything further about that rumor since then.  Certainly nothing appears to have gone anywhere with Wittington.  I don't know if perhaps Swan had someone else in mind or a different rumor in mind, but that's the last of anything I've heard.

Whittington committed to Rutgers but from what I heard didn't enroll for this semester. The goal was spring and summer sessions so he would be eligible right away next year but he will have to sit somewhere now I think.