Dear Mr. Boehm

Not sure why you guys are so eager to throw other people's money around. Not only that, but many of you guys are the same ones that supported extending Doc. Well guess what? We're still paying the guy.

I have an idea, since the fans are so eager to give away $50k WHEN HE DIDN'T EARN IT and dump more money on a premature extension then I suggest we raise ticket prices accordingly.

We hired the guy and are paying him money to do what he's done (get us to the tourney). If that wasn't the expectation we could have kept Doc. If he actually takes to the next level (wins a tournament game) then give him a raise.

For those of you that are worried he'll jump ship I laugh in your face. He has us excited, for good reason, but he isn't going to attract higher level prestige programs without a tourney win anyway. You guys wouldn't last a day in my shoes with contract negotiations...you give the farm away.

If I was AD the program would be years ahead of schedule with millions saved vs what TO did.

I was reading this on my phone and if there is a way to down arrow on the mobile site Idk how. I don't think I've ever given a down arrow on purpose (sorrry to the two who I accidentally hit the wrong button on) but I had to find a computer as soon as I could just so I could give it my first on purpose down arrow.

Dean, you had me so fired up to hit the down arrow I hit it on the wrong post....... :unsure:

Not sure why you guys are so eager to throw other people's money around. Not only that, but many of you guys are the same ones that supported extending Doc. Well guess what? We're still paying the guy.

I have an idea, since the fans are so eager to give away $50k WHEN HE DIDN'T EARN IT and dump more money on a premature extension then I suggest we raise ticket prices accordingly.

We hired the guy and are paying him money to do what he's done (get us to the tourney). If that wasn't the expectation we could have kept Doc. If he actually takes to the next level (wins a tournament game) then give him a raise.

For those of you that are worried he'll jump ship I laugh in your face. He has us excited, for good reason, but he isn't going to attract higher level prestige programs without a tourney win anyway. You guys wouldn't last a day in my shoes with contract negotiations...you give the farm away.

If I was AD the program would be years ahead of schedule with millions saved vs what TO did.

I was reading this on my phone and if there is a way to down arrow on the mobile site Idk how. I don't think I've ever given a down arrow on purpose (sorrry to the two who I accidentally hit the wrong button on) but I had to find a computer as soon as I could just so I could give it my first on purpose down arrow.

Dean, you had me so fired up to hit the down arrow I hit it on the wrong post....... :unsure:

I.Fix.it.cropped_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg?imgmax

I would argue that he did earn it.  John Beilein even said so.  Being picked for COY is left to a media vote, not winning games on the court or scoring a certain amount of points.  It's a bonus paid based on the opinion of the media.  Most reasonable people would see that he should have won it outright.  If the AD wanted to be a jerk about it, he could hold to the letter of the contract and say no for the reason you give.  However, as mentioned by others, this is a great opportunity to build goodwill with the coach as it is pretty obvious he is deserving of the award.  Goodwill = loyalty and may be well worth the $50K down the road.

Shoot, we all are hoping Miles will nail ALL of the bonuses available, am I right???  Keep winning Nebrasketball!

Hoping?!?

Miles WILL WIN.

Miles will smash so many bonuses that the AD will have to come up with new ones. 

50k for doing a whole post game interview only quoting Snakes on a Plane

500k for walking backwards from the practice facility to PBA without turning his head

20k for holding a coaching camp for Bill Self

1.5ml for winning 25+ games using only emoticons

350k for teaching Bo Pelini proper Press etiquette

They better pay him one way or another.  They've already paid Pelini for less results.

Glad to see you've come a long way from your withering criticism earlier this year (e.g. Miles hasn't shown he can manage a Big 10 roster).    IMO, it was pretty obvious as early as last year he could flat out coach.

Yeah and he couldn't.  He learned and figured it out.  Funny that we started winning when Rivers was seeing more than the bench.  It wasn't just me wanting better roster management.

Shoot, we all are hoping Miles will nail ALL of the bonuses available, am I right???  Keep winning Nebrasketball!

Hoping?!?

Miles WILL WIN.

Miles will smash so many bonuses that the AD will have to come up with new ones. 

50k for doing a whole post game interview only quoting Snakes on a Plane

500k for walking backwards from the practice facility to PBA without turning his head

20k for holding a coaching camp for Bill Self

1.5ml for winning 25+ games using only emoticons

350k for teaching Bo Pelini proper Press etiquette

Dude, we're all pulling the rope in the same direction at the same time!!  <_<

They better pay him one way or another.  They've already paid Pelini for less results.

Glad to see you've come a long way from your withering criticism earlier this year (e.g. Miles hasn't shown he can manage a Big 10 roster).    IMO, it was pretty obvious as early as last year he could flat out coach.

Yeah and he couldn't.  He learned and figured it out.  Funny that we started winning when Rivers was seeing more than the bench.  It wasn't just me wanting better roster management.

Rivers was benched because his rebounding rate was atrocious, quoting Tim Miles.  When Rivers had a chance to play again he played like his hair was on fire.  He's been a huge energy guy for the team the whole second half of the season.  

Whatever.  I suspect he knew a little more about it than you.

Players finally bought in to Miles' system, and the players' roles were defined. The team gelled and "togetherness over frustration" mantra that Miles has discussed frequently has taken hold - and, lo & behold, the wins came (and the blowout losses are fairly non-existent). Sure glad the "US. ALWAYS" team became in full effect when it did because if it happened any later the Big Dance might have been out of reach!

• 3 weeks later...